Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Joe The Plumber As Unpopular As Any First-Time Author

Well dammit, it appears Joe the Plumber has successfully metamorphosed from rat-faced creep into literary sad sack in the space of about three months. Not so long ago he was riding high, saying dumb things on all the cable news shows and even going to Israel to lament how nobody censors the press in wartime anymore. But now he’s just another washed-up debut author who can’t move more than 5 books in a reading. He showed up at the Borders on 18th and L last Thursday, and about a dozen people watched him speak. He signed books ever so briefly and then left, a mere hour into an anticipated three-hour engagement.
    This is pretty much the nightmare scenario for anyone who has ever written, or hoped to write, a book. But at least most first-time authors’ humiliatingly underattended book readings don’t make the Washington Post.
    So go on, everybody, buy a copy of his dumb book and make him feel better! Or not. One Amazon reader called it “pure garbage.”

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Yeah, his 15 minutes was up a long time ago.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    I'll take him over ANY democrat.

Hondo is offline SRO
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    I'll take him over ANY democrat.
    Last time I checked he was a Democrat. Wait a minute let me check the facts. Liar, Cheater, Tax Evader. HUMM!! Yep Smells like a Democrat to me.
    When it comes my time to go, I hope with fervent zeal, That my merits have been proved on life's battlefield. Enough to earn me One small place of rest, Just over on the other side, Beyond the reach of death. -Ralf Grant Edens

You know how it is Striet! Sometimes doin the right thing ain't doin the right thing -HONDO

Thread Information