Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Glenn Beck: Stem-cell research will lead directly to the search for a new ‘master race.’

Beck: Stem-cell research will lead directly to the search for a new ‘master race.’

On his radio show today, conservative talker Glenn Beck commented on President Obama overturning the ban on federally funded stem-cell research. Beck argued that funding stem-cell research would lead directly to a search for a new “master race,” the revival of Eugenics, and the reincarnation of the Nazi’s “final solution.” Believing that Obama’s success as president would hasten the arrival of his conspiracy theory, Beck then declared, “I hope Barack Obama fails”:
    BECK: So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research, and then some, fundamentally changing – remember, those great progressive doctors are the ones who brought us Eugenics. It was the progressive movement and it science. Let’s put science truly in her place. If evolution is right, why don’t we just help out evolution? That was the idea. And sane people agreed with it!
    And it was from America. Progressive movement in America. Eugenics. In case you don’t know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. …. The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening. So I guess I have to put my name on yes, I hope Barack Obama fails. But I just want his policies to fail; I want America to wake up.

In reality, of course, stem-cell research has nothing to do with the search for a “master race.” Rather, as Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA) explained this morning, “Obama’s executive order is a huge win for the millions of people who suffer from spinal cord injuries, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and many other illnesses.”

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Oh good grief. Most of the people, I have found, that are against stem cell research (mostly Christians) are extremely ignorant of the facts. It seems they don't want to know the facts, such as that the embryos that are going to be used are discarded anyway.

You cant' rationalize with extremists.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Hondo is offline SRO
    Verified LEO
    While I think that Glenn is usually very accurate with his comentary. In this instance i have to ask is he thinkin'. I have daughter who was born with an extremely rare genetic birth difect. This condition has effected all of her major organs. With the exception of her heart and lungs(so far). She was born with 1 kidney and it has hydronephrosis. So far she has had 21 surgeries and she is only 4 years old. Stem cell research is being developped to help grow new organs, muscles and tissues to help those in our country that are disabled or suffer from severe medical conditions. I am in 100% support of this program. If it has the possibility of helping my daughter to help a better life, than let's GITRDUN!!!

Sorry GLENN but TODAY you are way OFF BASE!!!
    When it comes my time to go, I hope with fervent zeal, That my merits have been proved on life's battlefield. Enough to earn me One small place of rest, Just over on the other side, Beyond the reach of death. -Ralf Grant Edens

You know how it is Striet! Sometimes doin the right thing ain't doin the right thing -HONDO

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think this is the one good thing Obama has done. Stem cell research can help A LOT of people. My mom has MS and if there is any chance a cure can be found I'm all for it.
    Romans 13:4
    For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    He could say the same thing about cancer research. All it does is find ways to keep people alive. A nut case is a nut case whether he's far right or far left.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Thread Information