Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Recently arrested for DUI, Charles Barkley says he does it 100 times a year. Rush Limbaugh says he is close to punching Barkley after hearing that

Barkley: Iíve Driven Drunk ďA 100 Times A YearĒ

After hearing countless sports figures giving pat, meaningless answers to every question they are asked, fans love people who give honest answers. Which is one big reason why Charles Barkley has remained popular as he transitioned from loudmouth player to opinionated analyst. Itís like heís an early convert to Radical Honesty, or that it would physically pain him to reign himself in when answering any question.
    But that same honesty can also make for some spectacularly uncomfortable moments, like during an interview yesterday with Howard Eskin on WIP-AM in Philadelphia (available on their Web site). During the interview, Barkley was asked his recent DUI arrest and conviction, and he responded that it was a ďgreat thingĒ for him because he had learned some valuable lessons. Then the fun started:

You never think about until something bad happens. But seriously, Iím canít sit here and lie or BS you, Iím never going to be like that. But Iíve probably been out drinking and driving 100 times a year when, you know, you just eat and you drink or whatever, and you just get behind the wheel of a car and you donít even think about it. This was, to me, Iím gladÖit was a very valuable lesson for me. Because people never even think about that..I mean, Iím just going out drinking with dinner, or just going out drinking with you and the boys, and just like, ďLet me go home.Ē Itís like, donít even think about it. But this gave me, like, ďMan, you could kill somebody!Ē
    Iím not going to sit here and say I havenít driven home from a bar or a restaurant a few times in my life when it was questionable if I should have after having a few drinks, and I doubt most of you could say the same either. But a hundred times a year? Thatís spending more than a quarter of your life going out getting drunk and then driving home. Back where I come from, we have a name for that: a serious drinking problem.
    As THE 700 LEVEL notes, Barkley may have been trying to send along a valuable lesson about not drinking and driving to listeners, but the way he did it might not be so useful: By his own math, thatís 2,500 times he went out drinking and driving before he got caught. Iím not going to crunch the numbers here, but it doesnít bode well for law enforcementís abilities to catch drunk drivers.
    Barkley didnít just talk about his DUI on the show. He spent a long time reliving days at the Spectrum and gave his opinion on the arena (Ēblow it upď), and as SPORTS RADIO INTERVIEWS notes, he also ranted against

Rush Limbaugh:
    I am so close to flying wherever he is and just punching the hell out of him. He is driving me nuts! Thereís a lot of idiots out there and Rush Limbaugh has a lot of influence on people.
    Hey Charles - Rush never said he was a role model, right? But you have to appreciate the irony of Charles Barkley calling Rush Limbaugh a blowhard.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    For those of you that may not know, Charles Barkley is an idiot. All the sports radio guys around here are quick to bend over for him though.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    I wonder how many times Limbaugh drove under the influence of Oxycontin? He better lay off the maple bars and spend some time at the gym before he threatens to punch anybody.

I'm no fan of Barkley by any stretch, but at least he owned up to it and took his punishment w/o whining about it and didn't play victim like most celebrities.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    So which is it? The title says Rush was going to Punch Barkley yet the article says Barkley is going to punch Rush.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

ďA fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.Ē Sigmund Freud

Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    So which is it? The title says Rush was going to Punch Barkley yet the article says Barkley is going to punch Rush.

The thread title:

Recently arrested for DUI, Charles Barkley says he does it 100 times a year. Rush Limbaugh says he is close to punching Barkley after hearing that

The Article:

Rush Limbaugh: I am so close to flying wherever he is and just punching the hell out of him (Charles Barkley).

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Sounds like a spontaneous confession to me...

Now if someone could just get him to specify the number of drinks per time period, I'm not so sure why that woudn't be PC for an arrest - A detective should interview him to see if he can get some type of convction out of it - Open container if nothing else

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information