Those steamy texts, exchanged by former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his girlfriend Christine Beatty (AKA Kwame's Chief Of Staff), have been released, as prosecutors develop possible perjury cases against the two. The messages appeared to contradict both Kilpatrick and Beatty's under-oath testimony that they had not engaged in a sexual relationship. TPM's devoted readers have been poring through the 6,000 texts to bring you the highlights. Think Shakespeare ("Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!/ For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."), but dirtier.

2/24/03
Kwame's Wife (4:47 p.m.): Had a bad dream last night...that you had a girlfriend. So of course I woke up pissed!

Kwame to wife (4:52): LOL. I have one Girlfriend...My Best Ever and lastly My Soulmate! SLEEP WELL!!

Kwame to girlfriend (10:28): THIS IS FOR U! LOL. I have one Girlfriend...My Best Ever and lastly My Soulmate! SLEEP WELL!!
9/8/04
Kwame (11:46 a.m.): LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Girlfriend (11:47): Ok, thik of something and get back to me

Kwame (11:56): You TOLD ME. Ok, I SOLD WEED IN COLLEGE!

Girlfriend (11:58): WHHHHAAAAATTTT! THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!

Kwame (12:01 p.m.): LOLOLOLOL! YEP! ME AND TIM
8/30/04
Kwame (5:25 p.m.): CAN I GET SOME SUGAR LATER?

Girlfriend (5:36): NO QUESTION!!!

Kwame (5:37): THANK YOU MAM!

Girlfriend (5:39): CAN'T WAIT.

Kwame (5:43): ME NEITHER!

Kwame (8:09): I'm GOING TO YOUR HOUSE RIGHT NOW.
9/14/03
Girlfriend (12:22 a.m.): Last message, you forgive me because I'm tipsy and really missing you, do you really believe that, even as you are standing somewhere in Vegas with a thousand women around you and probably a hundred on you, do you believe that you will never be alone and my arms are your home?

Kwame (12:28): NO DOUBT. I'm YOURS! FUCK VEGAS.
7/23/02
Kwame (2:51 p.m.): I REALLY BELIEVED THAT I HAD NO CHANCE TO BE WITH YOU. I've WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU SINCE I WAS 17yrs OLD. I BELIEVED IT WAS MY ONLY OPPORTNITY[sic]. AT THAT TIME I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A TEENAGE FANTASY COME TRUE! NOW I KNOW DIFFERENT.
6/10/02
Girlfriend (8:28 p.m.): Hey, would you be mad if I found another man/husband between now and sometime in the next two years? Lou Beatty and I might not make it and I need to find a new husband!

Kwame (8:50): I WOULD BE MAD AS HELL! STAY WITH LOU. I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER DUDE.
11/8/03
Girlfriend (7:13 p.m.): I just got buck naked, took a shower and got out looking for a robe (listening to you and just assuming there is one) and there isn't one! LOLOL. I guess it's just me and the sheets tonight!

Kwame (9:30 p.m.): DAMN! I REALLY WISH I WAS THER. EVEN MORE NOW. LOL! ENJOY YOUR NIGHT. I'm SO JEALOUS OF THE SHEETS.
6/23/02
Kwame (11:16 p.m.): I wand you to talk to me while I do you. ------- I want you to focus on making me make you come! ERASE.