Welcome to the APBWeb.
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Study history, or be doomed to repeat it.

Off of the coast of Somalia, or anywhere in the world...

It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every muslim who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once. - Thomas Jefferson, reporting the response of Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman concerning the Barbary Pirates, 1786.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO

expect nothing except the bill

Paying tribute is most likely, since it's out of our pockets, and that well of our cash has bought their way so far. Lawsuits will be filed as a "solution" or "response", ensuring enough deep pockets of US businesses are included as defendants to pay the legal fees. UN and NATO will be thumb-switching in place. The problem solvers will provide a new re-definition of Piracy, a blame shift, and a stimulus program for "economic equality and social justice for deprived and displaced third world mariners".

The US bond legal paper will be returned to us as wrapping paper for more bombs. More of our citizens and ships will get hit, perhaps the "tribute" paid to pirates would be upped to include amnesty and a free ride to the US welfare kingdom. That way they can pillage and loot here, with fewer risks.

I expect nothing effective from Obama and Hillary. They came upon us unencumbered with integrity, honor, or sense of duty. Hillary is loyal only to herself. Obama's loyalty was displayed when he reverted to "programming", bowing to an Arab king.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Thread Information