Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Gov. Jindal?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50.00%
  • No

2 50.00%
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Question Jindal to Cheney: Lay off Obama

Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-La.) suggested Thursday that former Vice President Dick Cheney should tone down his criticism of President Barack Obama.
    Cheney has repeatedly criticized the president’s national security policy, saying recently on CNN’s “State of the Union” that Obama’s decisions “raise the risk to the American people of another attack.”
    Asked to respond to Cheney’s remark during an interview ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Jindal said: “I don't think we should question President Obama's patriotism or his intentions.”
    “I think Democrat or Republican, we should all agree that our current president, our former president would obviously want to do everything they could to keep us safe,” he said. “Let's give the new administration a chance. Let's not question their intentions. Let's have a real debate on their policies.”
    The Republican governor praised Obama for “showing more flexibility when it comes to Iraq than maybe some of the campaign rhetoric suggested.”
    “I am, quite honestly, pleasantly surprised,” he said. “That's the kind of pragmatism, listening to the commanders on the ground, I think is very important.”
    Jindal did offer some criticism of the president, pointing out that it is “fine to have an honest disagreement on the policies that both administrations would choose to try to keep us safe.”
    “At some point, we need to stop going overseas and apologizing, criticizing our predecessors,” he said.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I always thought it was classy for past presidents to disappear from politics. Of course that would be Reagan and the Bush's. Carter continues to meddle and Clinton was very vocal the last 8 years. You had your time, now go shut up and enjoy retirement. I find Bush in this regard to be far classier than Cheney. Everyone knows Cheney and Obama disagree, that's why he was Bush's VP not Obama's. Let the pundits and the politicians hash this stuff out. Standing on the sidelines booing really strikes me as classless. I hold Cheney in similar regard to Clinton and Carter on this.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Cheney may be a polarizing figure, but he's right - and Jindal is either playing to the huge Democrat base in Louisiana, or he's another McCain clone who talks tough and then wimps out.

Truth tromps all decorum on things this serious.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    I'm not a huge fan of Cheney. He made a small fortune as head of Halliburton under Clinton when they were sticking it to the American people. A couple of friends of mine who served in Bosnia told me about some of shakedowns of the government by Halliburton.

Cheney was fine with excessive government spending as long as it went into his pocket.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hey Bobby! Here's a thought. Stay the hell out of their business and stay focused on Louisiana. Geez! I want a Lousiana govenor, not a future presidential candidate. Everybody wants a shot at the next election.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information