Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

My favorite quotes from our Vice President, Joe Biden

Quotes from our Vice President, Joe Biden

- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f**king break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.

-- During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS' "Early Show," Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site's web address, Biden could not remember the site's "number."

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

-- At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.

"Am I doing this again?" Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff -- and not cabinet members -- the vice president quipped, "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts," prompting a stern nudge from Obama.

-- On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, "Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart."

Justice John Paul Stevens -- not Stewart -- swore Biden in as vice president.
    -- When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

-- In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened," he said. Herbert Hoover -- not Roosevelt -- was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.

-- During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to "stand up."
    "Oh, God love ya," Biden said, after realizing his mistake. "What am I talking about?"

-- At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

-- Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the "lieutenant governor" of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.

"I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate," Biden said.

-- Biden said he was running for president -- not vice president -- during a Sept. 1, 2008, roundtable discussion in Scranton, Pa.

"Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what's happening down there," Biden said.

-- Biden referred to John McCain as "George" during his vice presidential acceptance speech on Aug. 27, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Co. "Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip," he explained.

-- Biden confused army brigades with battalions when speaking about Obama's plan for sending troops to Afghanistan.

"Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?"

-- During his first campaign rally with Obama as his vice presidential running mate on Aug. 23, 2008, Biden introduced Obama by saying, "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States -- Barack America!"

-- On Jan. 31, 2007 -- the day Biden announced his presidential bid -- the Delaware Senator was roundly criticized for calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Sounds a little like Sen. Robert Byrd on a couple of those, the senile old coot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Makes you proud to be an American, doesn't it?

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Sounds more like someone who does not take his position or the gravity of his words seriously enough to think before he talks.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Sounds more like someone who does not take his position or the gravity of his words seriously enough to think before he talks.
    I don't think Joe Biden doesn't take his position seriously...it's just that some people are prone to say stuff that sounds stupid because they're not good at speaking. When W said dumb stuff did you think it was because he didn't take his position seriously? It's just fairly rare in the realm of politics to see people say stupid things because most politicians are good at running their traps. The ones who constantly jam their foots in their mouths are a rarity.

My all time favorite Bidenism is the one asking the guy in the wheelchair to get up. SERIOUSLY, JOE! COME ON!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I don't think Joe Biden doesn't take his position seriously...it's just that some people are prone to say stuff that sounds stupid because they're not good at speaking. When W said dumb stuff did you think it was because he didn't take his position seriously? It's just fairly rare in the realm of politics to see people say stupid things because most politicians are good at running their traps. The ones who constantly jam their foots in their mouths are a rarity.

My all time favorite Bidenism is the one asking the guy in the wheelchair to get up. SERIOUSLY, JOE! COME ON!!!

There's a huge difference between misspeaking when saying something, and saying some of the stuff Biden has said, in my original post, and thing such as:

-"That's just being neighborly!" (on what he thinks of redistribution of wealth)

-"I swear, ya can't hardly walk into a 7-11 or Dunkin Doughnuts without having SOME sort of Indian accent"

-"The difference between now and before 9/11: many Americans can taste what it must feel like for every Israeli mother and father when they send their kid out to school with their lunch to put them on a bus, on a bicycle or to walk; and they pray to God that cell phone doesn't ring."

-"Imagine our circumstance in the world were there no Israel. How many battleships would there be? How many troops would be stationed?"

-"The second part is: people should understand by now that Israel is the single greatest strength America has in the Middle East."

-"I am a Zionist," stated Senator Biden. "You don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist."

Thread Information