Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

White House Advisor: Free Speech is "unhealthy"

WASHINGTON (CNN) Senior White House adviser David Axelrod on Sunday suggested the "Tea Party" movement is an "unhealthy" reaction to the tough economic climate facing the country.
    Axelrod was asked on CBS's "Face the Nation" about the "spreading and very public disaffection" with the president's fiscal policies seen at the "Tea Party" rallies around the country last week.
    "I think any time you have severe economic conditions there is always an element of disaffection that can mutate into something that's unhealthy," Axelrod said.
    Axelrod appeared to backtrack when pressed on whether the movement is unhealthy.
    "Well, this is a country where we value our liberties and our ability to express ourselves, and so far these are expressions," he said.
    "The thing that bewilders me is that this president just cut taxes for 95 percent of the American people," Axelrod argued. "I think the tea bags should be directed elsewhere because he certainly understands the burden that people face."
    Democratic strategist James Carville disagreed with Axelrod on CNN's "State of the Union" when John King asked him if it's unhealthy for "an American to go out and hold a sign and say 'I think my taxes are too high.'"
    Carville said, "No." He called the Tea Party movement "harmless and damaging to Republicans."

On CBS, Axelrod also responded to Texas Gov. Rick Perry's recent insinuation that his state could secede from the union in response to government overreach under President Obama.
    "I don't think that really warrants a serious response," Axelrod said. "I don't think most Texans were all that enthused by the governor's suggestion."

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    On CBS, Axelrod also responded to Texas Gov. Rick Perry's recent insinuation that his state could secede from the union in response to government overreach under President Obama.
    "I don't think that really warrants a serious response," Axelrod said. "I don't think most Texans were all that enthused by the governor's suggestion."
    I think we should let the Texans speak for themselves and not put words in their mouth, Mr Axelrod.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Captain America is online now Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It's o.k. and healthy if you protest the actions of a President if his name is Bush. Not if he is one of the all knowing, enlighten members of the Democratic Party. Why should any American worry about a $ 2,000,000,000,000.15 plus national debt when President Obama and the Congress has given every American an average $15 tax savings per payday.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I figured it was unhealthy for me since dealing with morons raises my blood pressure.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Fukketh Himmeth.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    That's pretty funny considering the numbers of unwashed liberals that fill the streets here every time a conservative speaker comes to town.....
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Free speech only exists for liberals and those that agree with whatever they want to shove down their throats. If it's not something they agree with, it's then termed "unhealthy", "racist", or "hate speech".
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    I think we should let the Texans speak for themselves and not put words in their mouth, Mr Axelrod.
    Yeah, I think Perry did a fine job in getting his point across, even if it was only a rhetorical "shot over the bow".

Texas could do a lot to force our way if we wanted to. As RDS pointed out, we may not can legally sceede, but we can break up into smaller states and gain Senate votes out the wazoo, at two votes for every state we break up into.

Texas could also cut back on oil & gas exports with the rest of the USA if we wanted to, and sell the excess to Europe or Japan. That would make for a lot of cold nights, hot days, and long gas lines up north. I would not mind seeing Air Force One's fuel rationed, so Obama would stay in Washington where he can be "contained".

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information