Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Nancy Pelosi was briefed on waterboarding, but she didn't like it, but no one listened, but she didn't think they'd actually do it

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushing back on GOP charges that she knew about waterboarding for years and did nothing.
    Pelosi says she was briefed by Bush administration officials on the legal justification for using waterboarding — but that they never followed through on promises to inform her when they actually began using "enhanced" interrogation techniques
    "In that or any other briefing…we were not, and I repeat, were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation techniques were used. What they did tell us is that they had some legislative counsel ... opinions that they could be used," she told reporters today.
    Earlier, House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) criticized Pelosi and other Democratic leaders for backing probes into the use of waterboarding — after reportedly failing to raise objections during a briefing on its potential use in 2002.
    "Well, yesterday I saw a partial list of the number of members of the House and Senate, Democrats and Republicans, who were briefed on these interrogation methods and not a word was raised at the time, not one word," Boehner told reporters at his weekly news availability.
    "And I think you're going to hear more and more about the bigger picture here, that what — the war on terror after 9/11 was done in a bipartisan basis on lots of fronts. And that bigger story will be coming out," he added.
    Pelosi says members who receive classified intelligence briefings are powerless to act on them — or even discuss them with staff -- due to confidentiality requirements.
    As a consequence, some members simply skip classified briefings to avoid being "hamstrung" by requirements they keep silent on the topics discussed.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    She's playing dumb huh? Shouldn't be too hard for her to pull off.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The sad thing is she is caught in a lie and she will get away with it
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Another case of "I was for it before I was against it, but I wasn't really for it, I was just a dumbass".

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Nancy Pelosi should be skateboarded.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Nancy Pelosi should be skateboarded.
    Sounds good to me. Just like this little guy, , right across the head.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information