Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

New York moves closer to same-sex marriage

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The New York State Assembly passed a same-sex marriage bill Tuesday evening, bringing New York one step closer to legalizing such marriages.
    The bill, which passed 89-52, will now go on to the state Senate for a vote. If it is passed there, it will go to Gov. David Paterson, who has made it clear he will sign the bill.
    "I applaud ... members of both parties for moving this historic legislation forward," New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement released by the mayor's office.
    "I hope New York will soon become the latest state to adopt a law whose time has come."
    State Sen. Thomas K. Duane, a Democrat, said in a statement, "I am confident that this year my Senate will uphold this fundamental legal principle and vote for my right, our right, to be married this year."
    This is the second time New York's Marriage Equality Legislation has been approved by the State Assembly -- it passed in 2007, but subsequently stalled in the then Republican-controlled Senate.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    California has already voted against this with the passing of Prop 8. Another state that I seriously doubt will pass a same sex marriage bill would be Utah.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    The fact that homosexuality is such a powerful political movement shows what a weak government we have. Why cant we just ignore these nuts that make an issue of who they are having butsecks with and let them spend thier own money trying to make noise. How much money is wasted on voting for gay rights and all of the lobbying that goers along with it?

I want to start a Heterosexual Rights movement that will provide me the freedom not to hear about someones elses sexuality in a political venue!!!! For the sake of pete enough already!!!
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Thread Information