• In heaven/hell for all living things of a certain intelligence level

5 17.24%
  • I don't believe in heaven/hell

6 20.69%
  • Other

7 24.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Do you believe in heaven/hell for all living beings?

Do you believe in heaven/hell for all living things (eg: humans, dogs, cats, insects)? Or do you believe in heaven/hell for living beings who have a certain intelligence level (eg: humans)?

Explain your answer.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I think it's possible but I haven't seen enough evidence to know for sure.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    I can only hope there is a heaven and a hell, but I can not say for sure. If there is it would include all living creatures, in my opinion if it was only for those with intelligence Hell would be a lot more crowded then Heaven.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    I can attest that hell is indeed real and resides within the walls of my sister-in-law's house.

GASheepdog is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Don't know for sure but I hope there is a heaven and a hell.
    Be kind, be courteous . . .

and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I don't believe in it. I think it's largely an invention of organized religion to gain and retain membership.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    if i learned anything from walt disney, its that "all dogs go to heaven." so im going with heaven and hell for all living creatures, except dogs, because apparently there is no doggie hell.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

I believe it is only for humans. Why? That's what I was taught. I've done my own evaluations of the beliefs I was taught over the years and my beliefs remain firm and steadfast.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    I believe it is only for humans. Why? That's what I was taught. I've done my own evaluations of the beliefs I was taught over the years and my beliefs remain firm and steadfast.

Agreed.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Follow up question:

Do you then believe entrance to heaven is based on intelligence since other beings don't go to heaven, or is there some other factor?

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Follow up question:

Do you then believe entrance to heaven is based on intelligence since other beings don't go to heaven, or is there some other factor?
    Free will, being created in God's image, and the ability to recognize and make the choice. I believe God recognizes your heart not your intellect.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Free will, being created in God's image, and the ability to recognize and make the choice. I believe God recognizes your heart not your intellect.

Ok, so if I got this right, he bases it on your heart (from your choices and how you live), but you think other beings don't go to heaven. So other beings don't have the heart we humans do?

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If there aren't dogs in heaven it's not the sort of neighborhood I'd like to spend eternity in.

This intelligence standard is an interesting bit of faith in itself. That faith being that aliens of higher intelligence won't be found and bump you down the scale.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I don't know for sure, of course who really does, lol. But I hope there is. I believe it would be for all living things because God created it all, there are exceptions (see below). I don't think that intellegence has anything to do with getting there. I don't think you need to have been a church-goer, or believed in God to get there. I think most people would be welcomed with open arms. I believe that Hell is for people who have done heinous acts in life. Murders, rapists, etc. Even if they "see the light" while in jail, I don't think their acts can gain them admittance.

Course, that is just my opinion.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

chewy is offline 1 CoastieRisk!!
    Verified LEO
    I don't believe in Heven and Hell in the traditional Cristian way... I do believe there has to be more when we die... for all the wonders of the universe and for the complex nature of humans and animals and how our bodies and minds work along with the fact that we don't use but a small portion of our brains I believe there has to be something else... like our brains are partitioned off like a hard drive and when your body dies your brain partition opens up and your spirit goes on to other things.
    Grumpy bastard sick of it all!
    Guns Don't Kill People, Radical Pro-Lifers Kill People

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Animals merely respond to conditioning and their natural instincts.

Only humans can make a conscious choice to be good or evil, so only humans can go to heaven or hell.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A literal interpretation of the bible would suggest all living things get in, not just humans.

Some interesting articles I have read make reference to each specific instance where this is suggested in the bible.

Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father...
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

No sir. Intelligence has nothing to do with it. Were that the case, many of us would be doomed to Hell for our mere stupidity. Humans were given the ability to choose wrong from right. It's that ability and access to "free will" that provides us the chance to get into Heaven.
    Ok, so if I got this right, he bases it on your heart (from your choices and how you live), but you think other beings don't go to heaven. So other beings don't have the heart we humans do?
    Not "heart" as is the physical term of the muscle that moves blood throughout the body. Christians generally use this term to distinguish a core belief - something deep inside you. See above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdared View Post
    Animals merely respond to conditioning and their natural instincts.

Only humans can make a conscious choice to be good or evil, so only humans can go to heaven or hell.
    Yes. What she said. "Free Will" or conscious decision are the ultimate factors that separate the meat bags that are humans from the creatures of this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    A literal interpretation of the bible would suggest all living things get in, not just humans.

Some interesting articles I have read make reference to each specific instance where this is suggested in the bible.

Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father...
    I'd like to see a couple of those articles. Some Christians acknowledge the supreme authority of God to control everything in the universe. This includes living or dying, what things grow and even weather patterns. Every little minute detail is controlled by him. Others believe God started the planet and let us do everything on our own and make our own decision as he sits back and take a hands-off approach. However, the Christian religions generally believe that the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ was for the humans created in the image of God. Jesus did not live on this earth and ultimately let them take his life for the dogs and cats that roamed the streets, he did it for us - the people. He took the punishment that was meant for us. "For the wages of sin is death..." The word "death" is used here to illustrate an eternal separation from our Creator. "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Here, "life" is used to show the eternal connection and presence with God upon our passing from this earth.

Blue26 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Along the same lines as those that posted above. I believe that heaven is for "good" humans and all creatures (b/c animals act on instinct and therefore cannot be evil).

A little off topic and random but I always think about this at DOA's. You know when you are at the scene of a dead body and you are all by yourself waiting for the medical examiner to come or something? It may sound weird but another reason I believe that humans have souls and have life after death is because when you are in the room with that dead body you feel all alone. It's weird to look over and see that there is another body in the room b/c you can't feel the presence of that deceased person. They become almost like another object in the room like the tv or bookcase, they are just there. You can always feel the presence of a living human being in a room with you though. That reconfirms my beliefs in the human soul.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    It's hard to argue with this logic: (Warning NSFW Language)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information