Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Harry Reid: Bush Is Kind of a "Bitch" Like His Mother

Harry Reid: Bush Is Kind of a "Bitch" Like His Mother

Mark Hemingway reads Harry Reid's memoir The Good Fight, so you don't have to:
    Released a year ago, the book got one glowing review: from his hometown paper. Every other major media outlet has been standoffish. Take this blurb from the Washington Post, proudly emblazoned on the back of the paperback edition: “Recounts fights with everyone from classmates to the man who would eventually become his father-in-law, preparing him for a senatorial life of battling the Bush White House and Republican filibusters.” Beware the value-neutral blurb: In fact, the Post never reviewed the book — the quote comes from a gossip column published a month before the book’s release. One of the most powerful men in Washington published a book, and the entire journalistic establishment’s reaction seems to have been, “If you can’t say something nice . . . ”
    Of course, Reid doesn’t always have nice things to say himself. While no one expects Reid to praise George W. Bush, the degree to which he is judgmental and catty regarding the former president pretty much speaks for itself. Three pages in, after lamely trying to establish his bipartisan bona fides by talking up George H. W. Bush, Reid shares this charming anecdote about his early days in the Senate: “[Former Texas senator and vice-presidential candidate Lloyd] Bentsen went on and on effusively about what a quality man President-elect [H. W.] Bush was. Then he paused and said, ‘But watch out for his wife; she’s a bitch.’ I have never had anything against Mrs. Bush, but guided by Bentsen’s crude advice, I’ve always said that our forty-third president is more his mother than his dad.”
    Read the rest of Hemgingway's review of Reid's "300-page patchwork of pointless political score-settling" here.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Harry Reid is kinda of a dumbass himself
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    "... I’ve always said that our forty-third president is more his mother than his dad.”
    I'm not even sure what the hell that means

Barbara Bush should have bitch-slapped Reid and Benson both. I'm sure she can do it

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    I like to read The Corner. My memory might fail me, but I could've sworn that when Harry Reid was picked as Senate minority leader, the conventional wisdom was that he was a relatively "moderate" choice and represented something of a rejection of the far-left Democratic constituency.

Aha! Quick google search turns this leftwing site up, from November 14, 2004:

Press Action ::: Democrats Commit Suicide: Harry Reid, Wrong Choice for Senate Minority Leader

Reid, an admitted friend of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, was being tapped for the position well before Daschle’s loss, and quickly gained enough support to assure his appointment and upcoming confirmation. A conservative Mormon, Reid, who was born and raised in Nevada, could just as well have run as a Republican when he chose to do so in 1982.

His positions on trade, abortion, war, civil liberties, and healthcare mirror the Republicans.

In fact, his Republican adversaries adore him for his conservative propensities. Fellow Mormon and right-wing Senator Orrin Hatch, a high-ranking Republican from Utah, says, “We all respect Senator Reid. He is one of the moderate voices around here who tries to get things to work.”

What happened?

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewtx View Post
    What happened?

Got power, found a way to get more power [become a Democrat], and now he will do anything to keep power.

The same can be said for many Republicans.....just change this [become a Republican].

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What a classy guy he is, and where is the 43rd President with his trashy comeback?

Oh wait, he was actually classy.

Fuck off Harry.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    I'll wager money on power and early alzheimers.

Thread Information