Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Biden Tells Law Enforcement Groups Sotomayor 'Has Your Back'

Sarah Palin called David Letterman “pathetic” Tuesday after the CBS “Late Show” host said the Alaska Republican governor sports a “slutty flight attendant look.”

“What a commentary there,” Palin said of the comment during an interview on conservative host John Ziegler’s Los Angeles-based radio show. “That’s pretty pathetic, good ole David Letterman.”

In a follow up to Palin’s weekend trip
    to New York, Letterman’s “Top Ten” list on Monday featured “highlights of Sarah Palin’s trip to New York.” Number two on the list was “bought makeup at Bloomingdale’s to update her ‘slutty flight attendant’ look.”

“It’s very sad to not recognize what this trip was all about,” Palin said, pointing to the autism event she participated in during a stop in Westchester, New York.

Palin grouped Letterman in with media outlets “where everything is commentary and facts don’t matter anymore.”

Asked about the allegations that she plagiarized former House Speaker Newt Gingrich in a speech last week in Alaska, Palin said “that latest incident is absolute nonsense.”

Gingrich’s camp told POLITICO Monday that the plagiarism charges were “silly,” pointing out that Palin had cited the former speaker in her remarks.

Palin referred to the reporters and bloggers who accused her of plagiarism as “buffoons.”

“If they are not held accountable, these reporters who repeat lies and repeat distortions all in the name of hard news, then our nation is headed to a very scary place,” she said.

Palin was the first guest on Ziegler’s radio show, which aired for the first time Monday. Ziegler previously interviewed Palin soon after the presidential campaign for his film “Media Malpractice: How Obama Got Elected and Palin Was Targeted.”

Vice President Joe Biden may have crossed the line when he assured national law enforcement groups Monday that Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor "has your back."
    The remark quickly stirred criticism in the legal world, since Biden was making a pledge that a fair and objective justice would not necessarily be able to keep.
    Biden made the remark at an assembly of eight law enforcement groups after he detailed Sotomayor's tough-on-crime record in the courtroom.
    "There's a part of her record that seems to be, up to now, been flying under the radar a bit. And that's her tough stance on criminals and her unyielding commitment to finding justice for the victims of crime," Biden said.
    He then repeatedly said, "She gets it," and sought to assure the law enforcement groups that she would be on their side.
    "So you all are on the front lines. But as you do your job, know that Judge Sotomayor has your back as well," Biden said. "And throughout this nomination process, I know you'll have her back."
    The comment touched on the hot-button issue of bias in the debate over Sotomayor, whose confirmation hearings could start as early as July if Democrats have their way.
    John Wesley Hall, president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, said Biden didn't do himself any favors with that remark, since it's likely to generate more critical questions for Sotomayor during confirmation hearings.
    "That (comment) means that she could probably care less about civil liberties and just do whatever law enforcement wants," Hall said.
    Hall said Sotomayor probably doesn't sign on to Biden's remark, though.
    "My take on it is that he's probably just trying to get law enforcement to support him by saying something just completely off the wall," he said.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My guess is she will only have our back when we arrest the "white man"

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Biden and Obama have no idea what the majority of law enforcement think, other than the rare democrat and the politically appointed Chiefs.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Bull-fucking-shit Joe.

Bull-fucking-shit.

She had the backs of those hoseheads back east too, didn't she?!

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    Bull-fucking-shit Joe.

Bull-fucking-shit.

She had the backs of those hoseheads back east too, didn't she?!

^^Concur ^^. Just more lies, SOSDD.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    If Biden has my back, I'd better start get one of those knife vests from the Brits. If you turn your back on one 'o them damnokrats in Washingtin, you deserve the knife in your back.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    John Wesley Hall's statements are simply more outrageous than any others I've read. I refer specifically to:

"That (comment) means that she could probably care less about civil liberties and just do whatever law enforcement wants," Hall said.
    Mr. Hall, law enforcement officers are not the enemies of civil liberties which you evidently vehemently believe them to be. By placing a wide, diametrically-opposed positioning between the police and 'civil rights', you demonstrate the attitude which has poisoned the relationships between law enforcement and certain factions of the community nationwide. Indeed, police do not hold the patent on violation of civil liberties, that comes from the likes of your own clients, and exponentially, those like you, who prey upon the people of this nation, and who consider the rights of the criminal to be far above the victims, respectively.

If indeed criminal defense attorneys like you would actually partake in the endeavor for truth and justice, (rather than profit at the expense of the system, and breed hostility for the defenders of the people's 'rights' to live in a society free from the oppression of the predator), then they would all realize that from the street cop through the Supreme Court, we are actually, and in fact all on the same side.

Unfortunately, your perverted, obtuse, and self-serving attitude would rather paint the police as your sworn enemy; after all, that is where the money and popularity reside. I wonder who, in the perfect world of your manufacture, would come running to your aid when terror visits you in the night.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I received a reply today from the Police Memorial fund organization. Neither Obama nor Biden attended ANY of the police week activities.

So much for being our friend eh Joey?
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    F@#k a bunch of lawyers....... F@#kheads are always talking about civil liberties , rights and defending the poor downtrodden of the world but have never put their asses on the line to do it . The have never had their blood spilled trying to preserve anyone's life or liberty. They let other people like cops actually get their hands dirty with actions and they sit back and give their mostly unsolicited opinions on what should have been done from the safety of their heroic "practices". How noble.....
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Leadership and integrity are not required for graduation from law school, or admission to practice.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Thread Information