Welcome to the APBWeb.
    bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Madoff get 150 yrs

Bernie Madoff gets 150 years for defrauding a number of people out of their life savings and strips his wife of most everything of value.
    -

Obama is stealing Trillions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from you, your kids and grandchildren and he takes his wife to NY for dinner.

Someting wrong here???

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    Bernie Madoff gets 150 years for defrauding a number of people out of their life savings and strips his wife of most everything of value.
    -

Obama is stealing Trillions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from you, your kids and grandchildren and he takes his wife to NY for dinner.

Someting wrong here???
    I'll do you one better. Bernie Madoff, who is no doubt a scumbag, is getting more prison time than people who have killed, raped, assaulted, and molested COMBINED!

It's all about the money. Money is more important than anything...including the lives of a single human. Where are our priorities?

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I'll do you one better. Bernie Madoff, who is no doubt a scumbag, is getting more prison time than people who have killed, raped, assaulted, and molested COMBINED!

It's all about the money. Money is more important than anything...including the lives of a single human. Where are our priorities?
    +1

Madoff gets 150 years and the drunk driver who killed a police officer last year will get 8 years under a plea agreement.

Colonia man pleads guilty to alcohol-fueled crash that killed Perth Amboy officer | mycentraljersey.com | MyCentralJersey.com

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

No argument there.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Its not just about the money though:

Madoff screws some 114 investors (and investment groups) and gets 150 years behind bars...

Franklin Raines (admittedly) cooks the Fannie Mae books and screws every taxpayer in the nation, sparking a ripple effect recession in the mortgage market, which in turn brings down half of wall street and all of its investors, and walks (after collecting millions in bonuses)...

What's the difference?

Franklin could bring a lot of political players down with him, while Madoff can't.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

I was thinking the same thing when I heard that. Not saying that he got too much time, because he wrecked a lot of lives - just saying that rapists and murders should never again see the sun or breathe fresh air.

I'd bet his wife knew all about it so she should also be charged, instead of receiving a portion of the fortune.

Bernie Madoff's wife says swindled investors shouldn't get any of her cash

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2009/03/02/2009-03-02_bernie_madoffs_wife_says_sw indled_invest.html#ixzz0JwYjyE p1&D

Broken victims of her husband's suspected Ponzi scheme are fighting for pennies on the dollar, but Ruth Madoff says $62 million she squirreled away is none of their business...

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information