Welcome to the APBWeb.
    MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Canned response from former Sheriff Reichert

Well, that seals it for me. I'm going to campaign, donate, and support any other conservative candidate in the 8th district.

He knows me and my family personally. I expected better.

Dear Mr. MacLean,
    Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts regarding legislation to reduce polluting emissions and advance an energy independent future. Debate over the American Clean Energy and Security Act (H.R. 2454) inspired strong emotions on both sides of the bill. It was a difficult vote that I carefully considered at every step that the legislation developed, from hearings before my House Ways & Means Committee to amendments offered on the floor.

Energy independence and national security are critical issues for America that transcend politics. America cannot maintain global leadership without innovation and new ideas, and we cannot lead if we increasingly depend on foreign nations to heat our homes and move people and goods. The future of our country is at stake and the price of inaction is too great.

How can we accomplish this? By working together as Americans - not as Democrats or Republicans, but as Americans. The U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 2454 with my support on June 26, 2009. This comprehensive bill includes new tax incentives, grants, loans, and other aid to speed the development and adoption of new clean energy technologies and to encourage cost-saving, energy efficiency improvements for families and businesses. It represents the first major advancement in decades toward clean coal and nuclear power. The bill would also help industries and manufacturers cut harmful emissions by implementing a market-based systemto achieve a substantial reduction in pollution by 2020.

This bill is not perfect, but it is a vital step toward energy independence. My focus from the outset was to return all revenue to the American people, and I helped introduce legislation (H.R. 2757) and an amendment to do so. 93% of any revenue that comes from H.R. 2454 will go directly back to the people, and I am working to gain additional tax relief for middle-income families. While there are many competing numbers on both sides of the debate, according to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) - which is responsible for estimating the costs of legislation - this bill could cost American families 48 cents per day. I believe this small investment now is worth the pay-offs of families saving on their future energy bills, keeping our country safe, and creating an estimated 33,500 new jobs in Washington State.

This bill has a long road to travel before it becomes law, and as it is considered in the Senate, know that I will continue to work with members of the House and Senate to improve this legislation and address outstanding concerns. Reforming America's energy policy is essential. The choices we make today to attain energy independence and conserve resources are some of the most significant decisions of our times. We must drive innovation, research and market-based strategies to achieve a secure, prosperous future. We owe this to our children and grandchildren.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts. We must work together to face the challenges ahead for our nation - that's how we win, that's how America remains free and strong. Together we will succeed in facing challenges head-on and creating opportunities for generations to come. I will continue to fight for common-sense reforms to our nation's energy policy that will result in lower energy costs, a cleaner environment and a safer nation. Your interest and input are valued and I hope to hear from you in the future regarding other matters of importance, like the upcoming debate on health care reform. I encourage you to visit my website and sign-up for my monthly e-newsletter at http://reichert.house.gov to learn more about other issues impacting the 8th Congressional District and our nation.

Sincerely,

David G. Reichert
    Member of Congress

I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    In the words of the infamous Countybear......... Fucketh Themmeth
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    48c per day, eh? That Kool-aide must be tasty

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Crossing over the beltway to the dark side. He's geting real comfy in his new home.

Haven't heard of Baghdad Jim lately. Is he still in DC? Inslee has seemed to vanish into the "empire" as wel.

None of them come back here often, and we only see Murray and Cantwell out here in the 509 redneck counties during election years.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    He used to be a great cop....but that was then!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    He used to be a great cop....but that was then!

Car 4
    Maybe so Dad, but that makes twice he's fucked me.

Not going to happen again.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    It's already being buzzed in the local conservative community that this will be his last term, at least with an R by his name. Some folks are saying they will vote for anyone BUT him.

He's wealthy. You are poor Mac. Are you surprised?

Thread Information