Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Thumbs down Judge Sotomayer in 2004: "Castrate all white males until they are no longer dominant." Obama: "It was taken out of context."

WASHINGTON – President Obama said that comments by Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor in a 2004 speech in which she called for the “castration of all white males until they are no longer dominant,” have been “taken out of context” by right wing ideologues.
    In the speech delivered to the San Juan chapter of NOW, Sotomayor said, “I want to be perfectly clear about this next comment so that there is no mistaking my words to mean something other than what they plainly say: the time has come to end white male oppression by castrating every white male until they are no longer dominant in Western culture. That means forcible removal of their testicles. I realize the brutality of my comment, and I don’t know how to say it more clearly.”
    It was revealed that Sotomayor used precisely the same language in seven other speeches.
    White House spokesman Robert Gibbs agreed with President Obama that the statement “has been taken out of context,” and added that Sotomayor “certainly did not mean” that white males should be castrated. “Judge Sotomayor was simply saying that there should be room at the American table for diverse cultures, that’s all. It is astounding that people are reading ‘castration’ into it.”
    President Obama told MSNBC: ”Look, when Judge Sotomayor appears before the Senate committee, all this nonsense being spewed out by ideologues will be revealed for what it is.”

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, an early participant in the castration program, agreed with President Obama...

It would explain a lot, but turns out not to be a real quote from Sotomayor.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Oh wait, Snopes says it's not true, therefore it must not be.

Thread Information