Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Obama's poll numbers dropping faster than an Air France jet in a thunderstorm

Net approval: Down 15 points since June. Net who say they’d vote to reelect The One rather than vote for someone else: A measly +3, down 13 points. Number who say they’re confident the stimulus will turn the economy around: 39 percent, also down 13 points. And the number who say the country’s “seriously off on the wrong track”: 55 percent, up 13 points.
    Surely this trend is a function of miserable unemployment numbers, bound to reverse itself instantly once the economy starts cranking out jobs again, right? Hmmm:
    In the context of decreasing levels of confidence in the current stimulus package, coupled with discussion about the viability of another one, the Poll shows very little support for a proposal for another stimulus package, with only 36% saying they would support such a proposal and 52% saying they would oppose it, with 40% saying they would strongly oppose it.
    At the same time, it is clear that concerns over the prospect of greater deficits trump concerns over economic recovery. When given the choice, voters would prefer a slower economic recovery that incurs smaller deficits than a quicker economic recovery with greater deficits. Specifically, 71% of voters say they would choose a slower economic recovery with a lower deficit, compared with 23% of voters who say they would prefer a quicker recovery with a higher deficit.
    Just what Barry wants to hear as he prepares to drop a trillion-dollar health-care bomb on America, and all the more reason to believe that Karl’s right in speculating that The One will take whatever health-care bill he can get in order to get something passed fast. This is his signature domestic policy issue; he can’t trash it just because people are starting to sweat about spending. The only option is to ram it through as far in advance of the midterms as possible and then pray that the recovery starts by next summer. No wonder they’re in a hurry.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There may be hope for us yet.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    That health-care plan is a dog - All Congress really needs to do is pass some regulations for pre-existing conditions and equal pricing to all subscribers, regardless of what type of group plan they're in or how risky they are - Period (without controling prices, just make the prices equal for everyone, and make the companies spread the risk instead of avoiding risk).

When you think about it, WHY should an employee group plan offer different prices, exclusions, and coverage than what the same individual could buy for himself for the same money? If they want to sell different tiers of coverage, fine - Just make a 25-year-old employee of IBM pay the same price as an 80-year-old individual for the same exact coverage, and spread the cost of the additional risk you'd have because of gravely ill policyholders who couldn't get insurance for any price right now.

Then they can simply hand out insurance vouchers, or even buy insurance policies for people who truly can't afford the coverage - That could actually replace Medicare, Medicade, VA and a lot of other Federally-funded healthcare shit, much of which is inferrior to private plans.

Actually, though, there are almost NO un-insured people in the USA - The last-ditch insurance we ALL have is a hospital's emergency room. If it's an life-threatening illness or injury, they MUST take a patient and either treat him or find a hospital that will. It might not be the best treatment, but it is treatment superior to what we'd all have if Obama has his way.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Chuck, why should a company be forced to charge the same money for someone who is going to cost them?

That is insane.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Chuck, why should a company be forced to charge the same money for someone who is going to cost them?

That is insane.
    Because the very definition of insurance is spreading the risk - It would cost the insurance companies nothing, actually - It would simply raise the price of everyone's policies overall, but I don't really think it would raise them all that much if you consider how much we're paying anyway, in taxes for County hospitals, Medicare, Medicade, VA, etc etc.

The reason it won't cost a lot for an individual policyholder is that (thankfully) healthy people vastly outnumber sick people.

This akin to giving a person who's rough on their cars the same price on an extended warranty as they give the little old grandma who only drives to church on Sunday - The warranty is the same cost no matter who buys it, but obviously some people will use it more than others.

(\__/)

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Because the very definition of insurance is spreading the risk - It would cost the insurance companies nothing, actually - It would simply raise the price of everyone's policies overall, but I don't really think it would raise them all that much if you consider how much we're paying anyway, in taxes for County hospitals, Medicare, Medicade, VA, etc etc.

The reason it won't cost a lot for an individual policyholder is that (thankfully) healthy people vastly outnumber sick people.
    Sorry Chuck, I'm not paying more for you.

The very definition of insurance is "for profit business."
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Sorry Chuck, I'm not paying more for you.

The very definition of insurance is "for profit business."
    You're ALREADY paying more for me, if you have the same insurance company that I do.

I don't pay any more for my insurance as one of our 25-year-old employees with no health issues at all - And if you have a similar group coverage plan with the same insurance company that my employeer does, you and I are probably paying the same amount, +/- differences due to state regulations which have nothing to do with how sick someone is.

(\__/)

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    Obama poll numbers are like Hillary bad hair days. The democrats could care less. They put him in the white house and they think he is the next coming of glory. Besides, the American media loves the guy and his anti-American wife. Polls...

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why I need to provide a birth certificate for official business, and why should I have to pay my taxes. The older I get, I get more confused this dishonest government.

Wait a minute! Could it be? This government has always been dishonest, corrupt, fraudulent, tricky, and sinister with the public and now it's getting worse. By golly, I think I got it!
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    You're ALREADY paying more for me, if you have the same insurance company that I do.

I don't pay any more for my insurance as one of our 25-year-old employees with no health issues at all - And if you have a similar group coverage plan with the same insurance company that my employeer does, you and I are probably paying the same amount, +/- differences due to state regulations which have nothing to do with how sick someone is.

Gotta agree with TXCharlie on this one. I've paid a few hundred a month for the past 6 years now in this business and I've only had to use it 2 or 3 times for routine stuff, nothing major. They could charge me 50 a month and make a profit. But I pay the same as everyone else because of money the insurance company has paid for others. Same with auto insurance
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    Gotta agree with TXCharlie on this one. I've paid a few hundred a month for the past 6 years now in this business and I've only had to use it 2 or 3 times for routine stuff, nothing major. They could charge me 50 a month and make a profit. But I pay the same as everyone else because of money the insurance company has paid for others. Same with auto insurance
    Yep, about the only way to avoid paying for every one else who gets sick is to open a private savings account, and hope you can save a million dollars before someone in your family needs it - Or get a million-dollar line of credit (a million dollars being the limit of most policies).

All that aside, the government is going to turn it into a rationing plan, just like Medicare - If doctors and hospitals depended entirely on Medicare, then the health industry would almost cease to exist in its current form. Generics would become the only prescriptions you could buy, and very few NEW drugs or other fantastic medical technologies would be developed.

Imagine if the developers of MRI scanners had to rely on income from Medicare - When the MRI machine was new, Medicare wouldn't pay for it, so it would never have been developed. Doctors who are only allowed to take Medicare are quitting the business in droves, retiring, or just getting by on mediocre incomes.

You could, however, get a free Hovaround

(\__/)

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ANI4ANI View Post
    Obama poll numbers are like Hillary bad hair days. The democrats could care less. They put him in the white house and they think he is the next coming of glory. Besides, the American media loves the guy and his anti-American wife. Polls...

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why I need to provide a birth certificate for official business, and why should I have to pay my taxes. The older I get, I get more confused this dishonest government.

Wait a minute! Could it be? This government has always been dishonest, corrupt, fraudulent, tricky, and sinister with the public and now it's getting worse. By golly, I think I got it!
    ---------------

As he said. I would like to know WHO the Democrat Party member now occupying the White House really is. Is he a US citiizen? Has he ever sworn an oath of allegience to a foreign state,? Has he ever been fingerprinted? The results please. Has he ever had official US identification in any other name?
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ANI4ANI View Post

Yes sir I believe you do have it. But that is just my opinion. No matter who I vote for in ANY presidential election it would be the lesser of how ever many evils are running. Back door deals, corrupt morals, no principles, tell you one thing to your face while participating in something else. Everytime you turn around there is some elected official who's got his dick in some hole it doesn't belong in while screwing the taxpayers in the process. I doubt this country is fully repairable. Vote and support whomever you wish. In the long run we are victim to whatever power and manipulation the elected person can garner. This country stopped being about the people a long time ago.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbear111 View Post
    ---------------

As he said. I would like to know WHO the Democrat Party member now occupying the White House really is. Is he a US citiizen? Has he ever sworn an oath of allegience to a foreign state,? Has he ever been fingerprinted? The results please. Has he ever had official US identification in any other name?
    And by the way, this irrates me more than some of the other crap he's pulled. How simple could it be to just do away with this issue? Just provide a verifiable piece of paper. So much time has passed now since this was brought up no paper would convince me. He's either not a citizen and can't prove it, can prove it and simply says screw the public, or if a paper mysteriously arrives I would believe it to a be an elaborate forgery. We're screwed.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Just provide a verifiable piece of paper.
    I addressed this in a different post by relating what I saw on FoxNews during the election. An attorney did file suit in federal court regarding a doctored (so-called) birth certificate Obama produced. The state seal of Hawaii was faded and not readable and his race was listed african american. In the alleged year he was born, race would have been listed as black. The suit was thrown out of court. I think all of us in LE can agree, with Obama's shady background and suspicious paperwork, he would not qualify for an applicant on Mayberry PD. His secret service agents are more true blue American than him. Maybe many decades from now it will be discovered he was not born in America. It will be discussed and debated like the Kennedy assassination. With mixed answers. But, unless solid prove shows otherwise, I consider him the first bi-racial, non-American to serve as President of the USofA.
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

Thread Information