Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Joe the Plumber: "I wouldn't have queers anywhere near my children." Megan McCain: "Joe the Plumber - you can quote me - is a dumbass.

Meghan McCain is not a fan of a certain plumber:
    Shortly before McCain sat for this interview, Samuel Wurzelbacher, aka Joe the Plumber, gave an interview to Christianity Today in which he complained about “queers” and declared, “I wouldn’t have them anywhere near my children.” Unprompted, McCain rails against the man her father’s presidential campaign touted as an American everyman and made a showpiece in the weeks before the election. “Joe the Plumber — you can quote me — is a dumbass. He should stick to plumbing.”

This bit about Cindy McCain was also news to me:
    Being free of a presidential campaign’s constraints has liberated [Meghan] McCain to speak her mind, but the true impetus for her current gay rights activism was the passage of Proposition 8 in California. On election night last November, McCain was understandably consumed with the results of the presidential race and, like many, “assumed that Prop 8 wouldn’t pass.” The next morning, however, she woke up in an already sour mood made worse by her BGF (best gay friend) Josh “telling me that on top of everything else, Prop 8 passed.” Like many others, McCain was swept up in a collective sense of grievance, quickly concluding that making the GOP more gay-friendly would be foremost among her priorities. (For the record, Meghan isn’t the only member of the McCain clan to support gay marriage. “My mom was always for gay marriage, but I think me being so vocal about it has made her want to be more vocal about it,” she says. “She texted me: ‘Gay marriage passed in Maine!!’ ”)

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'll agree with her that Joe the Plumber is a dumbass. I will also state that she is a dumbass
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I'll agree with her that Joe the Plumber is a dumbass. I will also state that she is a dumbass
    The first part, agreed.

The second part.... Are you basing that just on what it says above or do you know more about Megan McCain to say she's an idiot? Just on what the article says, I'd say she sounds sensible to me. During the election she kept her mouth shut to not hamper John's campaign. Now that the election is over, she is not afraid to speak her mind. Now granted, I've not heard of her before this, so I have no idea what else is going on with her. She may well be an idiot. I don't know enough about her to know that. But I agree with her on the issue of gay marriage at least, and I applaud her her not being afraid to say where she stands on the issue. But beyond that issue, I have no idea about her one way or the other.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    The first part, agreed.

The second part.... Are you basing that just on what it says above or do you know more about Megan McCain to say she's an idiot? Just on what the article says, I'd say she sounds sensible to me. During the election she kept her mouth shut to not hamper John's campaign. Now that the election is over, she is not afraid to speak her mind. Now granted, I've not heard of her before this, so I have no idea what else is going on with her. She may well be an idiot. I don't know enough about her to know that. But I agree with her on the issue of gay marriage at least, and I applaud her her not being afraid to say where she stands on the issue. But beyond that issue, I have no idea about her one way or the other.
    Everything the media has reported on coming out of her mouth the last few months leads me to the conclusion that Megan McCain, and you can quote me, is a dumbass. And "Joe the plumber" isn't helping the GOP either.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    The first part, agreed.

Everything the media has been quoting her on tends to make me lean that way. Maybe she just needs to get laid
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Everything the media has been quoting her on tends to make me lean that way. Maybe she just needs to get laid
    i think there is a funny past thread about that somewhere
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That was me that said I'd hit it under certain circumstances. And just for you tapout, since you made fun of me for liking Star Trek.

"If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    That was me that said I'd hit it under certain circumstances. And just for you tapout, since you made fun of me for liking Star Trek.
    yeah, i was wondering when you were gonna respond to that.

i guess we all have our guilty pleasures...i can see you now, with your spock ears on, doin that thing with your hand where you split the fingers in the middle so it makes a v with two fingers on either side. its ok. youre weird. who isnt? id still work with you any fucking day.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I do believe that we can all agree that the media at large sucks ostrich eggs, and reports what it damn well wants with whatever slant it believes will sell papers. So based on media reports only, can we really say whether or not this woman is an idiot?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Good point, Ducky. She's minor league, and as such open to criticism without defending. Mrs Palin has said dumb things, but she's major league due to her VP candidate status so she's defended by top level writers.

Works the same with both parties, Biden sure did enjoy top level spin doctors for decades because of his political status. What has Meghan said that is so different than anything said on the blogosphere? Or top level candidates for that matter? Would Chelsea get the same treatment for expressing her views? Somehow I doubt the media would treat her the same.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    So based on media reports only, can we really say whether or not this woman is an idiot?

I think she's an idiot, but only because of what I have heard come out of her mouth on tv (ex: Real Time with Bill Maher), not based on what I read from a media source.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information