Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Report Anti-Obamacare Email to the White House

The White House - Blog Post - Facts Are Stubborn Things

Yes, you too, can now participate in the NSA's surveillance of American's computers.

Just in case the NSA is a little swamped, you can report anti-Obamacare emails to the White House! When the concentration camps are full, Death Squads will be dispatched immediately.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.
    I can only imagine the apoplectic fits in the media had the Bush Administration posted something similar.

This is the screen image I took from my computer:

Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oh dear.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Then there's that fun ToS from Cars.gov that Glenn Beck was pushing. Thing is, he so overstated the case that people's initial outrage turned into embarrassment, the kind that makes them defend this as being ok as they try avoid being associated with a fringe view.

In case you missed it : (lots of YT videos) Beck's introduction made it sound like anyone going to the site was being monitored, recorded...see below...when only the dealers who needed to sign up for accounts to use the site ever saw the site ToS. I say ignore Beck and stick to what the Privacy Statement actually said. Doesn't matter to me if this was only for a limited user group, that's still a bullshit ToS. Text of that...

This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged on to the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer system and is the property of the U.S. Government. It is for authorized use only. Users (authorized or unauthorized) have no explicit or implicit expectation of privacy.

Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring, recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.

Go figure. So was this was simply a mixup that needed correction or a sign of things to come. Now they're looking for recruits to report your neighbors for having the wrong view you say?

Makes it all the more hilarious that "1984" was the book remotely deleted from the Amazon Kindle.

Thread Information