Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Cool Senator Debbie Stabenow, the newest member of the Senate Energy Committee says global warming is real because she can feel it when she's flying

Detroit, Mich. - Michigan just experienced its coldest July on record; global temperatures haven't risen in more than a decade; Great Lakes water levels have resumed their 30-year cyclical rise (contrary to a decade of media scare stories that they were drying up due to global warming), and polls show that climate change doesn't even make a list of Michigan voters' top-ten concerns.
    Yet in an interview with the Detroit News Monday, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.) - recently appointed to the Senate Energy Committee - made clear that fighting the climate crisis is her top priority.
    "Climate change is very real," she confessed as she embraced cap and trade's massive tax increase on Michigan industry - at the same time claiming, against all the evidence, that it would not lead to an increase in manufacturing costs or energy prices. "Global warming creates volatility. I feel it when I'm flying. The storms are more volatile. We are paying the price in more hurricanes and tornadoes."
    And there are sea monsters in Lake Michigan. I can feel them when I'm boating.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    That's ignorant. I went through Hurricane Betsy, Camille, and several others back in the 1960's & 70's in Louisiana.

You can't tell me that any Hurricanes today are any worse than some of the ones 40 years ago. Katrina simply had an unlucky trajectory.

Katrina was only a Category 3 when it hit New Orleans, equal to Hurricane Betsy in 1965. Hurricane Camille in 1969 was a Cat 5, however.

There have only been two Category 5's at landfall since the year 2000 - That was Dean and Felix. But there were also cat 5's in 1935, 1959, 1969, 1988, and 1992. There were also 2-Cat 4's since 2000, but also 2-Cat 4's in the 1990's.

If you consider their peak rating, there were 10 Cat 5's in the 1990's and 2000's, but there were 9 Cat 5's in the 1960's and 1970's. There just isn't a lot of difference.

I don't think such a small statistical sample with so much deviation over the short haul and so little deviation over the long haul could be interpreted as setting a trend. True, Dean & Felix occurred in the same year, but that will probably prove to be a total fluke. If anything, it will show that there IS no trend if we go without a Cat 5 landfall for a few years.

A large short-term deviation in both directions will simply mean that the number of samples are too small to be statistically significant, so you have to look at 20, 30, or 40-year trends, not two-year trends.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That likes me saying I can feel the global warming because the car overheated since there was a hole in the hose

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Bwahahahahahahahaa.....

There are zillions of morons who vote for such dipshits. That is what is truely scary.....that dumbshits vote for people like this...

I can't say too much though....my senators are just as bad....I just didn't vote for them.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Bwahahahahahahahaa.....

There are zillions of morons who vote for such dipshits. That is what is truely scary.....that dumbshits vote for people like this...

I can't say too much though....my senators are just as bad....I just didn't vote for them.

Car 4
    Agreed. I didn't vote for mine, either. I just call them the wicked witches of the west.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    That likes me saying I can feel the global warming because the car overheated since there was a hole in the hose
    Well, we do occasionally feel the earth move. Does that mean the world is coming to an end? Or is it just CA sliding into the pacific ocean?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Or is it just CA sliding into the pacific ocean?
    One can only dream
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There's obviously no IQ requirement to get elected to congress. Nor is there one, evidently, for voting.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The global warming she's experiencing while flying are called "hot flashes" and the extra turbulence comes from hiring cut rate pilots because they're cheaper. Gotta love people who drink their own kool-aid.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    One can only dream
    Uh oh, Time to move to Utah.

Not a LEO

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    The global warming she's experiencing while flying are called "hot flashes" and the extra turbulence comes from hiring cut rate pilots because they're cheaper. Gotta love people who drink their own kool-aid.
    yummmmm........kool-aid..............
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

she is a wack job.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    What do they feel like?

Thread Information