Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Dirk is offline Banned

Angry ACORN officials caught on hidden camera advising couple playing parts of pimp and prostitute how to evade taxes and claim underage girls from South America as dependents. YAY community organizing

An employee at ACORN's Baltimore office advises a couple posing as a pimp and a prostitute during a videotaped meeting in July.

Officials with the controversial community organizing group ACORN were secretly videotaped offering to assist two individuals posing as a pimp and a prostitute, encouraging them to lie to the Internal Revenue Service and providing guidance on how to claim underage girls from South America as dependents.
    The videotape was made public Thursday on BigGovernment.com, a political blog launched by Andrew Breitbart as a companion site to his BigHollywood.breitbart.com blog.
    In the videotape, made on July 24, James O'Keefe, a 25-year-old independent filmmaker, posed as a pimp with a 20-year-old woman named "Kenya" who posed as a prostitute while visiting ACORN's office in Baltimore. The couple told ACORN staffers they wanted to secure housing where the woman could continue to maintain a prostitution business.
    ACORN the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now bills itself as the nation's largest community of low- and moderate-income families "working together for social justice and stronger communities," according to its Web site. The organization has been accused by Republicans and conservative activists with fraud in voter registration drives around the country and has been under fire since last year for its support of President Obama and for its planned participation in next year's census.
    A spokesman for ACORN, Scott Levenson, when asked to comment on the videotape, said: "The portrayal is false and defamatory and an attempt at gotcha journalism. This film crew tried to pull this sham at other offices and failed. ACORN wants to see the full video before commenting further."
    On the videotape, "Kenya" can be seen telling an ACORN staffer that she earns roughly $8,000 a month. The ACORN employee then suggests to "Kenya" that ACORN could submit a tax return for 2008 showing that she made $9,600 for the entire year instead of $96,000 and that ACORN would charge "Kenya" $50 instead of the usual $150 fee for preparing her taxes.
    ACORN offers tax preparation and benefits application services free of charge during tax season; it charges nominal fees during non-tax season.
    The ACORN staffer can also be seen suggesting that the prostitute list her occupation as a freelance "performing artist."
    "It's not dancing, trust me," the "pimp" says.
    "But dancing is considered an art," the ACORN staffer replies. "[Exotic dancers] usually go under performing artists, or yeah, they usually go under performing arts, which will be what you are a performing artist."
    The "pimp" later says that he and "Kenya" plan to bring up to 13 "very young" girls from El Salvador to work as prostitutes. Although an ACORN staffer points out their plans are illegal, she also suggests that the girls can be claimed as dependents.
    "What if they are going to be making money because they are performing tricks too?" the pimp says.
    "If they making money and they are underage, then you shouldn't be letting anybody know anyway," the ACORN staffer says, and laughs. "It's illegal. So I am not hearing this, I am not hearing this. You talk too much. Don't give up no information you're not asked."
    The "pimp" then asks ACORN staffers to "promise" not to discriminate against his sex worker because of "who she is and what she does," according to the audiotape.
    "If we don't have the information, then how are we going to discriminate?" the ACORN staffer replies. "You see what I am saying?"
    If the girls are under age 16, the ACORN staffer says on the tape, then they are not legally allowed to work in the state, regardless of what they do.
    "So it's like they don't even exist?" "Kenya" asks.
    "Exactly," the ACORN staffer replies. "It's like they don't even exist."
    The staffer goes on to suggest that as many as three of the underage girls can be listed as dependents at the home, but a "flag" will be raised if as many as 13 are listed.
    "You are gonna use three of them," the staffer says. "They are gonna be under 16, so you is eligible to get child tax credit and additional child tax credit."
    The ACORN workers also appear to be promoting the group's services to the "pimp" and "Kenya."
    A second ACORN employee can be heard on the audiotape suggesting that the couple join the organization for an annual cost of $120 prior to attending one of its first-time homebuyer seminars, which are underwritten with taxpayer funds.
    Later, when the "pimp" asks what would happen if the organization is somehow connected to the scheme, the ACORN staffer replies, "First of all, it's not gonna damage us because we not gonna know. And with your girls, you tell them, 'Be careful.' Train them to keep their mouth shut."
    "These girls are like 14, how can we trust them?" the pimp asks.
    "Just be very, very careful," the ACORN staffer says. "Whatever you do, always keep your eyes in the back of your head."
    Reached by FOX News, O'Keefe said he was "shocked" at the level of assistance provided by ACORN staffers.
    "I was prepared for them to call the police, throw me out of the office and be hostile," he said. "Without hesitation, they helped me every way they could with evading taxes and setting me up with a brothel, with getting around federal tax laws doing everything they could to help us. I was completely shocked."
    House Republicans issued a report in July accusing ACORN of engaging in a scheme to use taxpayer money to support a partisan political agenda. California Rep. Darrell Issa, the top Republican on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, called for a criminal investigation into the group, which dismissed the report as a "partisan attack job."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Shiaaaaaat! Pimp'n Aign't easy fool, but thanks to your friendly neighborhood ACORN branch office we're making it easier.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    ACORN recently fired two employees as a result of the video.

But....yeah, well, even though they were fired, this was still "GOTCHA" journalism...
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    way to go baltimore
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This organization needs to be 1) investigated from the bottom up, in every jurisdiction that it has been active in, in its dubious role throughout the elections processes, and in its functions as a 'supporting partner' of the federal system; and 2) disallowed from accessing all personal and identifying information pertaining to private citizens.

ACORN (and its members) have shown themselves to be in habitual and widespread violation of a number of criminal statutes, and has usurped the electoral system in this country. It is no more than an organized crime syndicate, and any of those found complicit in these violations should be charged under RICO.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    They won't even go after the Black Panthers for election violations do you really think Nobama is going to step on his buds in ACORN or SEIU?

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Step 1: Quit giving them our tax money!!!

Step 2 won't be necessary - They will cease to exist without tax money.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Fox News ran another video from a Washington, D.C. ACORN office showing similar behavior as the "pimp" asked for advance applying for a home loan for a brothel. Results : another two fired office workers for ACORN and more" GOTHCA " journalism accusations from ACORN. I guess Law Enforcement is the only occupation where if you get caught doing something " illegal" on video it's consider legit journalism and news worthy to be played over and over. Where is this story in the other mainstream news media. Oh , by the way , the U.S. Census Bureau cut ties with ACORN after this latest video.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Did you hear how much ACRON is expected to get in tax money?

I believe they said that the total past and future givaway to ACRON would be over $4 BILLION in the next few ears.

(\__/)

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Now I see the two that exposed ACORN are facing the possibility of criminal charges because the video taped the ACORN employees without their knowledge. It's a bunch of BS that once a corrupt organization is shown to be what they are those blowing the whistle are the ones they talk about prosecuting.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    I guess the fact that those ACORN members should be charged with conspiracy to promote prostitution, child abuse/endangerment, etc... is not relevent. I am really hating the Obama people for letting this bullcrap to go on unabated. That organization should be investigated under the RICO guidelines with all the crimes they are committing. I think it would be pretty easy to have that organization titled as a criminal enterprise.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Supposedly Fox News has an even more explosive ACRON video - They're saying it will be on Glen Beck in a few mintes.

The recording laws are screwed up in some states - Here in Texas, it's fine as long as one of the parties knows the conversation/video is being recorded.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure video is even covered, except "improper photography" (i.e., filming minors without permission of their parents, or filming nekkid people in bathrooms, locker rooms, etc, with a hidden camera without their knowledge). I'll have to refresh myself on that one - They changed the law a few years ago.

(\__/)

Thread Information