Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Is America at War?

Some excellent points. Read the whole article, it's not very long.

The American Cause - PJB Columns

Is America at War?

By Patrick J. Buchanan

Are we at war - or not?

For if we are at war, why is Khalid Sheikh Mohammed headed for trial in federal court in the Southern District of New York? Why is he entitled to a presumption of innocence and all of the constitutional protections of a U.S. citizen?

Is it possible we have done an injustice to this man by keeping him locked up all these years without trial? For that is what this trial implies - that he may not be guilty.

And if we must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that KSM was complicit in mass murder, by what right do we send Predators and Special Forces to kill his al-Qaida comrades wherever we find them? For none of them has been granted a fair trial.

When the Justice Department sets up a task force to wage war on a crime organization like the Mafia or MS-13, no U.S. official has a right to shoot Mafia or gang members on sight. No one has a right to bomb their homes. No one has a right to regard the possible death of their wives and children in an attack as acceptable collateral damage.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    An interesting read. He has some valid points
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    An interesting read. He has some valid points
    He really brings home how our LE perspective is so different from the military. It really is a terrible mistake to bring this into civilian courts.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I just wrote a long ass piece on SSU about this very subject. This article says everything I did and more. What a giant waste of my time. I could have just copied the link to this over there. lol

Oh well, it felt good to vent it.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I heard on the radio the other day (don't know why I hadn't heard it earlier) that there are a couple American Soldiers on trial for pre-meditated murder of a handful of prisoners that were taken in the field. I guess they couldn't transport them at the time, couldn't let them go, so they shot them in the head. Does anyone find this wrong? I don't. We are at war, if the tables were turned would the prisoners have let them go? No way! During WW2, if American soldiers captured some German or Japanese soldiers, and were in the battlefield, miles away from anywhere, would they have let them go? Would they have taken them with them? Doubtful! They would do the same thing these men did, just as the Germans or Japanese would have.

Any opinions?

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    I heard on the radio the other day (don't know why I hadn't heard it earlier) that there are a couple American Soldiers on trial for pre-meditated murder of a handful of prisoners that were taken in the field. I guess they couldn't transport them at the time, couldn't let them go, so they shot them in the head. Does anyone find this wrong? I don't. We are at war, if the tables were turned would the prisoners have let them go? No way! During WW2, if American soldiers captured some German or Japanese soldiers, and were in the battlefield, miles away from anywhere, would they have let them go? Would they have taken them with them? Doubtful! They would do the same thing these men did, just as the Germans or Japanese would have.

Any opinions?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets face it, we are at war and don't have the stomach for it. During WWII in Europe there are probably a trillion times that prisoners were shot because of the inability to handle them. Not mass, like the Germans did in Maldemay (BATOGNE) or the death camps. , but as they came across them. It was TOTAL war, no holds barred. It you were shot at from a school, church, or what ever, it was taken out and PERIOD. As Bomber Harris, the Chief of the British Bomber Squadrons said in defense of the mass bombings something like 500 feet is close enough when you are dropping tons of bombs. We are fighting this so called war on terror with both hands tied behind our backs and a JAG Officer giving advice on EVERY target and operation,; plus the traitorous waffling from Washington. Remember, we didn't lose the ground or air war in Vietnam, we lost it in Washington, DC, and are losing it that way now. I guess you would call the the First Surrender of the US to the enemy.

Am I mad, sure and now they are bringing those thugs to the US for CIVILIAN Trial, what the hell lkind of Cool Aid are they drinking in Washington??????? Better close now, before I really sound off and Eschelon comes a knocking.

Speaking of Eschelon, go to this web page: http://www.rense.com/general66/scgh.htm
    Last edited by bayern; 11-18-09 at 07:54 AM. Reason: add sentence

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I just wrote a long ass piece on SSU about this very subject. This article says everything I did and more. What a giant waste of my time. I could have just copied the link to this over there. lol

Oh well, it felt good to vent it.

You made excellent points. The kind I don't even take the time to make over there most of the time. You are dead on about this article though.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets face it, we are at war and don't have the stomach for it. During WWII in Europe there are probably a trillion times that prisoners were shot because of the inability to handle them. Not mass, like the Germans did in Maldemay (BATOGNE) or the death camps. , but as they came across them. It was TOTAL war, no holds barred. It you were shot at from a school, church, or what ever, it was taken out and PERIOD. As Bomber Harris, the Chief of the British Bomber Squadrons said in defense of the mass bombings something like 500 feet is close enough when you are dropping tons of bombs. We are fighting this so called war on terror with both hands tied behind our backs and a JAG Officer giving advice on EVERY target and operation,; plus the traitorous waffling from Washington. Remember, we didn't lose the ground or air war in Vietnam, we lost it in Washington, DC, and are losing it that way now. I guess you would call the the First Surrender of the US to the enemy.

Am I mad, sure and now they are bringing those thugs to the US for CIVILIAN Trial, what the hell lkind of Cool Aid are they drinking in Washington??????? Better close now, before I really sound off and Eschelon comes a knocking.

Speaking of Eschelon, go to this web page: The List Of Carnivore And Eschelon Keywords

Exactly!!!! We need to get off our asses and let them know we mean what we say! This is absolutely crazy! Why are these murders being brought to trial here in a Civilian court? They committed and act of war against the United States. What is wrong with this country? We need to get over the anal cranial inversion virus and get on with the business of war tribunals and not prosecute our own soldiers for doing what has to be done in order to get this war over and done with.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO

lawyers or warriors?

One thing we have working against us is the lawyer mindset in a govt operated by, for, at the convenience of, and for the profit of lawyers. Everything can wait till the convenience of Monday, then it can be righteously examined, parsed, argued, redefined and blamed in a convenient warm office behind barriers with armed security.

Lawyers inhabit the Democrat Party like locusts, and they feed and move on. Ever seen a crop field striipped by locusts? Has "tort reform" ever passed the lips of the "Party"? It gets as much mileage as congress term limits.

For those who watch the tube; ever noted the huge increase in multi-state lawyers soliciting lawsuits nationwide? Who is "regulating" this industry?

Ever have a lawyer as a police chief? I experienced such a regime. The way problems got solved became more procedure based than outcome based, it was "legal" vs "the right thing", more complex, antagonistic, secretive, shifting blame downwards, more paperwork, supervisors no longer supervised, commanders no longer commanded. Leadership is not taught or developed in law schools.

Now the lawyers are solving miitary problems, at home and in the field. Due process is shaped to their convenience and political goals. We have domestic enemies using the "legal" system to tear down our CIA, our means of interrogating prisoners in a timely manner, and defining discipline within our armed forces.

The Uniform Code of MIlitary Justice will be shoved aside into federal courts out of the reach of the military commands. I'll bet a Zimbabwe dollar that the Ft.Hood shooter ends up in a Federal Court, his fate not decided by military Courts Martial.

Why does our Army have such a huge suicide rate? Has anyone emerged to LEAD the Army out of this problem? Are the brass so afraid of being second-guessed, that they do nothing?

How many of these gvt./activist lawyers ever experienced the inconvenience of serving in uniform in the armed forces? Lawyers dissect, divide, and create antagonism. They thrive on differences, unity is not a profitable condition. "Leaders" and "problem solvers" are their "rainmakers" bringing in the big fees and huge settlements.

Govt. lawyers tinkering with our society and operational function of our military reminds me of the Political Commissars of the Soviet Union. Their loyalty is first to the Party, then to the "process". As long as they define what's "legal", and we accept that as "right" or "justice", or "moral", they have imprinted their form of "leadership" upon us. To do our part, we must accept that the network media is honest, worship the word of Oprah, and vote according to AARP and the unions.....all is well.

Peace - the absence of opposition.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Thread Information