Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

AP Fact Checks Palin, But Not Dems

AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check' - FOXNews.com

When the former Republican vice presidential candidate and former Alaska governor wrote her autobiography, the AP found a copy before its release date and assigned 11 people to fact check all 432 pages.

Reviewing books and holding public figures accountable is at the core of good journalism, but the treatment Palin's book received appears to be something new for the AP. The organization did not review for accuracy recent books by the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, then-Sen. Joe Biden, either book by Barack Obama released before he was president or autobiographies by Bill or Hillary Clinton. The AP did more traditional news stories on those books.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If military shrinks were scrutinized like Palin........Ft. Hood would have never happened.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

ms1600 is offline Neither here nor there
    The bitter quitter twitter is getting what she wanted- attention and money.
    Verified Libra- There sure are a lot of people born in August around here.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes he gets you.

thanantos is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ms1600 View Post
    The bitter quitter twitter is getting what she wanted- attention and money.
    Yup, and it doesn't help that she's dumb as a box of rocks.

I know LOTS of active Republican women and they were all pissed as hell that this dummy was chosen as the VP candidate. What about all the other smart GOP women like Elizabeth Dole, Condie Rice, etc?
    The truth is you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men.
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.
    I'm tryin'...real hard...to be the shepherd.

DSAM-MI.org

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thanantos View Post
    Yup, and it doesn't help that she's dumb as a box of rocks.

I know LOTS of active Republican women and they were all pissed as hell that this dummy was chosen as the VP candidate. What about all the other smart GOP women like Elizabeth Dole, Condie Rice, etc?
    What evidence do you have that she's dumb as a box of rocks? I realize that's not literal but where is she stupid?

Rice made it very clear she had no interest in running for office. I don't think Dole is interested either.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    I am sure you saw the Katie Curic interviews and the follow up with McCain trying to damage control her ridiculous responses.

And that was Katie Curic. Not exactly a real hard-nose reporter.

I'll never forget her response to what newspapers she reads..."All of them."

Seriously, if the GOP has put their eggs in this basket they are in deep trouble.

The hardcore GOP grassroots might vote for her, but that is not enough to win the Presidency.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am sure you saw the Katie Curic interviews and the follow up with McCain trying to damage control her ridiculous responses.

And that was Katie Curic. Not exactly a real hard-nose reporter.

I'll never forget her response to what newspapers she reads..."All of them."

Seriously, if the GOP has put their eggs in this basket they are in deep trouble.

The hardcore GOP grassroots might vote for her, but that is not enough to win the Presidency.
    She handled that poorly, and I'm sure CBS edited it as unflatteringly as possible. Doesn't mean she's stupid though.

The left has attacked her as hard as they can. The media is in over drive trying to make her look as bad as they can. There's a reason they're so afraid of her. And they aren't afraid of her because she's stupid.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They are scared out of their mind because she relates to regular people. She doesn't fit their mold of a national politician. If Palin makes it, the media will not be able to bring her down because they did not build her up. She is not my first pick, but she does have clout, and she is not stupid.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    I would disagree they are scared of her. The media likes to rip people apart mostly because we love to watch them do it.

IMHO, Palin will go the way of Dan Quayle and Howard Dean. More a political joke than anything else.

I could see her being a Senator in Alaska due to her popularity there, but she's too divisive and too tainted at this point to be much more.

But who knows. Who would have thought we'd have a black preisdent in 2007?

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would disagree they are scared of her. The media likes to rip people apart mostly because we love to watch them do it.

IMHO, Palin will go the way of Dan Quayle and Howard Dean. More a political joke than anything else.

I could see her being a Senator in Alaska due to her popularity there, but she's too divisive and too tainted at this point to be much more.

But who knows. Who would have thought we'd have a black preisdent in 2007?
    She's far more popular than Quayle or Dean ever was. When the Dems enact this train wreck for health care, the only thing I would bet on in 2010 and 2012 is a lot of anger at the Democrat Party. Anything's possible, even Palin.

Verified LEO
    Yeah, for sure we will see a turnaround in 2010, but we did in 1994 under Clinton and 2002 under Bush. That's just the way politics goes in the modern era. When one party wins big it's own members get lax and the other party's members rally.

I'll will bet my next paycheck that you will never see Palin anywhere near the White House, and for that I'm thankful. I can see the other side though. There are few politicians out there standing up for conservative social agendas or willing to stand with the "Tea Party" crowd.

Verified LEO
    I am curious Xiphos, are you against universal healthcare altogether or just in the form suggested by the dems?

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I don't know about Xiphos but I am. I don't think the Government should have anything to do with healthcare and most of the stuff they are involved with now. I think the Government should be a fraction of the size it is right now.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am curious Xiphos, are you against universal healthcare altogether or just in the form suggested by the dems?

Good poll question there.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I personally think this may be an excellent opportunity to express points on this issue so uninformed persons can get both sides of it. JMO.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have no problem with everyone having health care. I'm against government run health care. Many of the problems we face today are the result of government regulation and interference. In fact, I can't think of a single federal government program that isn't mismanaged and bungled in some way.

I think Palin is a lot smarter than people give her credit for. The McCain campaign seriously mismanaged her. The media did a hatchet job on her (picking up SNL's "I can see Russia from my house" and reporting it as fact.) They are terrified because the people who are sick to death of the GOP and the Dems love her image as a regular person. I also think a large portion of McCain's votes came from people who supported her and liked her. He was circling the drain before he chose her and wouldn't have done nearly as well without her.

There's going to be a lot of angry voters in '10 and '12 and she has the potential to do very well. If the election were today, I'd agree with your assessment but the Obama administration has a lot of time to screw up and she has a lot of time to rehab her image.

We'll see.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    I also think a large portion of McCain's votes came from people who supported her and liked her. He was circling the drain before he chose her and wouldn't have done nearly as well without her.
    Can't disagree with you there. I have been a lifelong John McCain fan who always thought he worked like our politicians should, In the interest of the people not a party. And for the love the guy is a living legend, real american hero!

However, he lost my vote because of the way he ran his campaign which was almost the opposite of the way he seems to handle himself normally.

After watching his concession speech I was thinking, "Where the f*** has THIS guy been for 9 months?"
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.

DSAM-MI.org

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    If military shrinks were scrutinized like Palin........Ft. Hood would have never happened.

Shit, if OBAMA was looked at half as much as Palin, he would still be back in Chicago trying to be a community trouble maker.

Verified LEO
    I think Palin gets looked at quite a bit

Awwwww, too soon?
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.

DSAM-MI.org

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ha! Never to soon for that pic.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information