Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    thanantos is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Well we can agree on that. Science should be affected by politics.

I disregarded the Ben Stein movie becuase it was a movie about science by someone outside of science and very involved in politics, but maybe I'll watch it.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ben Stein is an Economist. In my opinion, the environmentalist movement is where all the Communists/Free Market Capitalist haters went when the Soviet Union failed.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thanantos View Post
    Well we can agree on that. Science should be affected by politics.

I disregarded the Ben Stein movie becuase it was a movie about science by someone outside of science and very involved in politics, but maybe I'll watch it.
    Regardless of what you believe in the creation of life in the universe, it's an excellent example of academic persecution.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Does anyone know what the greatest "greenhouse gas" is? Its effects trump every other greenhouse gas by far.

HINT: It is not CO2.

Quote Originally Posted by thanantos View Post
    Yeah, one small group of scientists who someone says they may have a piece of evidence that these scientists may have traded data means the whole thing is bunk.
    Exactly - That's what all the UFO experts, Bigfoot experts, and other paranormal experts do - When they say they've done "research", they generally do not mean running experiments on their own, or getting out in the field to try to find a UFO or Bigfoot.

What they REALLY mean by research is sitting in the library reading each other's books.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That would be water vapor Chuck.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Oh my gosh! What can we do? We must implement water credits and reduce our liquid foot print!

Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    That would be correct - Even when the vapor condenses into clouds which cool on summer days, they reflect heat back to earth at night and in the winter/ That makes winter nights much more moderate than on cloudless nights, and makes summer nights warmer also.

Then there's millions of tons of invisible water vapor which allows the sunlight through, but also holds the heat in.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That smiley gets me everytime.

Notorious is offline Covering your 6 since 1994
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    For every hack that cries global warming, you have more on the other side crying a new ice age is coming. From here, it certainly feels like the Earth is doing both to an extreme. Our summers have been baking over 100F while the winters are going below 34F... I don't recall the weather ever being this extreme here. LA was supposed to have moderate weather all year round with nothing going past 50s in winter and 90s in summer.

BTW, I hate Al Gore. That man is the most hypocritical, conniving, arrogant, piece of work to hide behind non-science and claiming he is somehow doing us a favor.
    Nothing clever here except my zombie defense gun... now where is that darn flashlight...

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Regardless of what you believe in the creation of life in the universe, it's an excellent example of academic persecution.
    Makes me wonder though. Ben Stein being a noted conservative what makes his movie any more credible than Michael Moore's?

(I have never seen any of Michael Moore's movies for the same reason I didn't watch Stein's)
    The truth is you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men.
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.
    I'm tryin'...real hard...to be the shepherd.

DSAM-MI.org

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Ben Stein was in another movie besides Ferris Bueller?
    Nothing clever here except my zombie defense gun... now where is that darn flashlight...

Verified LEO
    Lol, "Beuller...Beuller...Beuller.. ."

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Ben Stein actually is a law professor and I had him for a class. He's exactly like that in real life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information