Welcome to the APBWeb.
    pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Southern Uprising?

Panel votes to send letters to states about repealing federal ?infringements? Memphis Commercial Appeal Mobile

Panel votes to send letters to states about repealing federal ‘infringements’
    By Richard Locker
    Updated Tuesday, November 17, 2009

NASHVILLE -- Letters will be mailed soon from the Tennessee legislature to all 49 other state legislatures declaring the federal government is abusing its constitutional authority.

The letter invites state legislators from across the nation to work together in examining how to repeal federal "infringements" on the authority of states.

Acting under the direction of a resolution adopted by the full Tennessee General Assembly in May, the special House-Senate Conference and Correspondence Committee on Tuesday unanimously signed off on the letters calling for fellow state legislators across the country to examine what it calls a federal "usurpation of state sovereignty" and to develop a plan for how to rein in the central government.

"The ultimate goal of this effort is hopefully to turn back the tide here. We're heading headlong into nationalism," said Rep. Susan Lynn, R-Mt. Juliet, chairman of the committee.

"That is not how the nation was set up. We are a collection of united states. The state governments make the laws and the national government has approximately 30 enumerated powers to carry out. Unfortunately, they have been doing a lot of our work."

The state sovereignty movement gained traction this year among conservatives angered over President Barack Obama's economic and other policies that they see as centralizing power in Washington in violation of the Constitution.

The legislatures of two states -- Alaska and Tennessee -- adopted state sovereignty resolutions this year. Lynn sponsored House Joint Resolution 108 that won an 85-2 approval in the state House of Representatives and 31-0 in the Senate. The bill affirmed Tennessee's "sovereignty" under the Constitution's Tenth Amendment "over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution."

The bill also created the committee to work with other states toward a joint working group among the states "to enumerate the abuses of authority by the federal government and to seek repeal of the assumption and the imposed mandates."

Rest at Link
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Rock on!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Wow, you mean there are actually some politians who read the constitution? AND understand it? I'm flabbergasted!

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Oh yeah, there is going to be a Revolution, and it only going to be the South against y'all, it will be a united front.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    Oh yeah, there is going to be a Revolution, and it only going to be the South against y'all, it will be a united front.
    Any predictions how the war of Federal aggression 2.0 will turn out?

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Uh oh, here we go again!!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Northern Aggression. Get it straight.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    I didn't proof read my initial post (its a bad habit). Not only will the South raise up against the government, but all of the US will,

Oh yea, the US will WIN, MUST win against the neo-marxists.
    Last edited by bayern; 11-23-09 at 12:20 PM. Reason: clarify post

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    First Revolution began circa 1775 (Revolt against England)
    Issues: taxation, gun control, restricting commerce, remote seat of govt indifferent to cititzen rights, no representation at seat of govt, remote legislative body (Parliament) totally corrupted by greed and election fraud, suspension of civil rights by the King in several troublesome colonies, military actions directed against citizens................

Second Revolution began circa 1861 (War of Northern Aggression)
    Issues: federal govt rolling over States Rights, interference with commerce of states, wealth of industrialized north dictating economics of south, or to destroy economy of the south, military actions against citizens............

Third Revolution (a work in progress but "National Survival" is the direction)
    Issues: federal govt advancing Marxist totalitarian control, leadership loyal to foreign authority and influence other than the Constitiution, the Nation, and "we the people", Congress mostly corrupted by ideology, cowardice, greed, and election fraud, gun control, infringments on Bill of Rights, unresponsive to citizens, partnership with mass media to rewrite history and redefine "truth", destruction of national identity, taxation and waste, falsification of science for political gain, govt retreating to an armed 'fortress' mentality, para-military federal police actions ........... ?? ..............
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    I only hope it holds off for another 1741 days so I can be relocated in rebel territory.

It'd be a shame if I had to quit and move before I retire. Of course, CT would probably not send me retirement checks. The military probably wouldn't either. I guess I'll be broke.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CT209 View Post
    I only hope it holds off for another 1741 days so I can be relocated in rebel territory.

It'd be a shame if I had to quit and move before I retire. Of course, CT would probably not send me retirement checks. The military probably wouldn't either. I guess I'll be broke.
    I have to take care of my elderly father but when that's no longer an issue I want to be a Southern boy probably in that Great State of Texas.

Notorious is offline Covering your 6 since 1994
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I am going on Friday to the gunstore to load up on ammo. They just got a new shipment. A few cases of 9mm and 223 backed by 500 rounds of 7.62x51 should work for my cul-de-sac.
    Nothing clever here except my zombie defense gun... now where is that darn flashlight...

Thread Information