Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The War on Cops

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thanantos View Post
    Yeah, I can see myself getting sucked back in here a lot

And yes I read the article. I just still can't see how you can connect this GOP created crime to Obama. It is a logical fallacy. When you are in the tunnel-vision of the article it starts to make sense, but doesn't pass the sniff test.
    I didn't connect this to Obama, or the GOP.

You see, my friend, I am from Washington State. I got over blaming Huckabee a while ago when I discovered what the Department of Corrections here did regarding this matter.

You might wanna look up our Gov. She's a favorite of the President, but not because of this fiasco - but because she belives in the same fundamentals he does. Judges with empathy anyone?

However, instead of kicking the Department of Correction's ass the LAST THREE TIMES a police officer was killed here by a DOC supervised inmate, she failed in the way every liberal fails on crime, including Huckabee himself.

We heard hemming and hawing and more liberal bullshit about how every inmate deserves a chance after they pay their debt ad nauseum.

Ms. Malkin is a party hack - surely you recognize this. You can focus in on her making this personal regarding the titular head of the Democratic party, or you can look at what she is actually saying about liberal chickens coming home to roost.

Did Huckabee deserve some blame? Sure he does. You attempting to paint him as a conservative is laughable, even if he is a Republican. His actions demonstrate the point.

As you pointed out, it is possible to be a Republican and liberal.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

thanantos is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I didn't connect this to Obama, or the GOP.
    Agreed, but you jumped into the discussion midway so my comments weren't necessarily directed at you, and the author of the article did. However, this is the core of my argument.

You see, my friend, I am from Washington State. I got over blaming Huckabee a while ago when I discovered what the Department of Corrections here did regarding this matter.

You might wanna look up our Gov. She's a favorite of the President, but not because of this fiasco - but because she belives in the same fundamentals he does. Judges with empathy anyone?

However, instead of kicking the Department of Correction's ass the LAST THREE TIMES a police officer was killed here by a DOC supervised inmate, she failed in the way every liberal fails on crime, including Huckabee himself.

We heard hemming and hawing and more liberal bullshit about how every inmate deserves a chance after they pay their debt ad nauseum.

Did Huckabee deserve some blame? Sure he does. You attempting to paint him as a conservative is laughable, even if he is a Republican. His actions demonstrate the point.

As you pointed out, it is possible to be a Republican and liberal.
    And I am willing to give up most of these points to you as I don't know squat about WA politics and was characterizing Huckabee based on the wide view of his politics and his own descriptions. Although I realize the argument of who is a "real conservative" is a hotly contested one within the GOP.

Ms. Malkin is a party hack - surely you recognize this. You can focus in on her making this personal regarding the titular head of the Democratic party, or you can look at what she is actually saying about liberal chickens coming home to roost.
    This is more to the core of my argument. She is saying that those that want to kill cops and those that support them are leftists without any evidence that this is the case. She is painting everyone from a cop killer to a prison chaplain who sees the best in people with the same brush. That is simply not the case, yet people here are willing to believe it.

Look my inbox gets hit with propaganda like this all the time, and it annoys the hell out of me that we as GOP members are willing to just accept and digest it without ever giving it any scrutiny. Should we be pissed as hell at the judges and the DOC system that allowed this to happen? Hell yes we should. Do I think that that makes them and Obama glorifiers of cop killers? Uhhh, no.
    The truth is you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men.
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.
    I'm tryin'...real hard...to be the shepherd.

DSAM-MI.org

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    State Rep. Mike Hope - a Republican conservative and thus an endangered species here in Washington State, is attempting to repair the problem on our end.

Ken Schram: A real solution in the wake of tragedy | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | Ken Schram

Democratic liberal opposition is already being heard from.

This is not about Obama - but for the fact that he is the titular head of the party. This is about ideas. Ms. Malkin only mentions the President once, to note he did not attend a service.

This is about conservative justice versus liberal pandering.

The man is in the position and thus he is the popular target of the hacks. That does not mean, in my mind, that the hacks are missing the point - but I understand how it will distract.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Well, I am glad to see that someone in WA is looking to plug that hole. Regardless of the discussion here, it is sickening to me that we even have to have legislation like this. How a judge could have ever let this guy out on bond is beyond me.
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.

DSAM-MI.org

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It's beyond any sensible comprehension. It would appear that some people in power simply cannot believe that a person is capable of being inhuman. The deck is or was stacked against them, the punishment is to harsh, they have served their time and have been rehabilitated, etc.
    The truth very well may be that the people handing down these decisions have no real world experience and because of that consider themselves impartial and removed from the emotional part of the equation. If this is a realistic idea it is a shame that the decision makers can't seem to remove emotion and replace it with common sense.
    I do not wish ill will on another person but I wonder what would be said if such an atrocity would happen to the decision maker or one of their family members? This whole concept is just disgusting.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by thanantos View Post
    So now anyone from Oakland is a racist cop hater who loves to see cops killed in cold blood?
    You are making a common error in logic... You cannot totally reverse the logic and still say that's what it means.

For example - Very few whites are in the KKK, but yet everyone in the KKK is white.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    You are making a common error in logic... You cannot totally reverse the logic and still say that's what it means.

For example - Very few whites are in the KKK, but yet everyone in the KKK is white.
    Agreed, I was using the same error in logic, sarcastically, that the writer did.
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.

DSAM-MI.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information