Welcome to the APBWeb.
    pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

WA lawmakers propose Gun Ban

Local News | State lawmakers to seek ban on sales of semi-automatic weapons | Seattle Times Newspaper

State lawmakers to seek ban on sales of semi-automatic weapons
    In response to recent shooting deaths, three state lawmakers say they want to ban the sale of military-style semi-automatic weapons in Washington.

By Molly Rosbach

Seattle Times staff reporter

In response to recent shooting deaths, three state lawmakers say they want to ban the sale of military-style semi-automatic weapons in Washington.

The lawmakers intend to propose the ban in the state legislative session that begins next month.

The legislation, called the Aaron Sullivan Public Safety and Police Protection Bill, would prohibit the sale of such weapons to private citizens and require current owners to pass background checks.

It is named for Aaron Sullivan, 18, who was fatally shot last July in Seattle's Leschi neighborhood, allegedly with an assault-style weapon.

Supporters say they also are motivated by the Oct. 31 slaying of Seattle Police Officer Timothy Brenton and the wounding of his partner. Police believe a .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle was used then.

The bill is backed by Seattle's police department, spokeswoman Renee Witt said. Also pushing it is Washington Ceasefire, a nonprofit that seeks to reduce gun violence. The group plans a news conference today to announce the proposal.

More at link... Think it has a shot?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It's DOA before even being introduced. Nobody will ban guns in this State and survive the fallout. We might be full of whacky liberals, but there are a lot of libertarians who like their guns.

Kohl-Wells didn't even wait a week before using the deaths of police officers to suit her political ends.

Never mind that two of the officers were NRA members.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - someone needs to slap the stupid offa her.

Also the bill is not "supported by the Seattle Police Department" - it's supported by the politcal hacks who wear stars because the mayor is anti-gun.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    I'll second everthing Mac said. SOSDD.

Last time they tried was in 2006? Correct me if wrong year Mac. The Wash Arms Collectors (WAC) and NRA had a few thousand show up at legislature "hearings". The antis numbered about 50, but ex SPD Chief Kerliokowski got the most face-time. The hearings were "stacked", but that lop-sided turnout "un-stacked" the politicians of both parties who saw enough of their VOTING gun-owner constituents packing the Capitol meeting rooms. I was there with a bunch of active and retired cops who belong to NRA and WAC. We were not from the captive "police organizations" like WACOPS, WASPC, and WSPTA.

The media will continue to lie, and a certain percentage of people will continue to believe them.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Pretty much - Kohl-Wells is as much a whore to her agenda as Kerlikowske.

The WAC shows are the best place to run into retired cops. Every time I take Car 4 it's like old home week for him.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information