Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Political Correctness

A post in the banned American flag thread got me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    It isn't just your State.
    I'm telling you, we are losing.
    Unless we change the game, this place is over with in two generations.
    I hate to admit it but agree with maclean. My question is why? How is this happening? Liberal thought and opinion can't be THAT powerful and prevalent. Maybe its geographical but I cannot think of a single person I know that was not outraged by the banning of the flag on those children's shirts.

Is there now a new generation of what Nixon called the "silent majority"? Are they allowing the downfall by their silence?

Dang if I can figure it out, but I don't like it.

Opinions?
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Meh. If that's what we are turning into, then maybe it SHOULD be over in two generations. Make way for something else.

(don't kill me, I'm proud of my country. Just saying that people eventually get what they deserve, and generally deserve what they get)

Notorious is offline Covering your 6 since 1994
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It's death by silent acquiescence. We are allowing those with outspoken agendas to win because we have been bullied to death and afraid to be called racists or intolerant. By being overly tolerant of everyone and everything, we lose all identity of our own as we allow everyone else to run over us. The only ones who are not allowed to have an opinion or express themselves are Americans.
    Nothing clever here except my zombie defense gun... now where is that darn flashlight...

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    It's death by silent acquiescence. We are allowing those with outspoken agendas to win because we have been bullied to death and afraid to be called racists or intolerant. By being overly tolerant of everyone and everything, we lose all identity of our own as we allow everyone else to run over us. The only ones who are not allowed to have an opinion or express themselves are Americans.

Well said. I can't get over you saying this with that avatar though

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    Says the guy with the mouth-breathing monster avatar.....

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I'm hoping things are starting to turn around. People like those in the TEA Party movement are starting to speak their piece, people support AZ on their new law, the states are starting to assert their rights and it looks like the libs may be in for a woopin in Nov.

The liberal or progressive movement and the welfare state is tearing the country down. Maybe we'll get new people elected that actually follow the Constitution.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by dadyswat View Post
    I'm hoping things are starting to turn around. People like those in the TEA Party movement are starting to speak their piece, people support AZ on their new law, the states are starting to assert their rights and it looks like the libs may be in for a woopin in Nov.

The liberal or progressive movement and the welfare state is tearing the country down. Maybe we'll get new people elected that actually follow the Constitution.

Some of the conservative movements are heartening. I hope they gain strength.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Notorious is offline Covering your 6 since 1994
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    I'll find another avatar... but I think given the current proliferation of riots... that one fits very well.
    Nothing clever here except my zombie defense gun... now where is that darn flashlight...

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think it is the lack of critical thinking on the individual level. People are getting so lazy that they let others do their thinking for them and don't come to their own thought out decisions on issues. Their decisions are being made by popular culture, the media ect. The times I have sat down and talked about issues with people in a calm matter of fact manner I find that practicality and life experience arguments win over political theory everytime. This happens when I get whomever I'm talking to convinced that I'm not trying to get a winner or loser out of the conversation, but a practical solution to a problem. Get emotion out of arguements and you will often find that there is no arguement, but two people looking at a situation and its individual variables, and eventually coming to a plan of action for improving a situation. Our political class, media, and such are not looking to solve problems. They are looking to maintain and grow their power(politcal class), maintain their influence(media), and together they are promoting an idea that in a country founding on the basis of the individual that the individual doesn't matter. This is a thesis type subject here, no doubt about it.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information