Who cares about what bills they support? What matters is how they maintain their good looks!

Sen. Scott Brown
Hometown: Wrentham, Mass.
Political party: Republican
Relationship status: Married

Once you’ve seen a senator’s furry belly button, what is there left to say? Even without the now-infamous Cosmopolitan centerfold photo, Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) has all the trappings of a glamorous politician: a newscaster wife with perfect hair, a semi-famous daughter who tried her luck on “American Idol,” an unlikely story winning the late Sen. Edward Kennedy’s (D-Mass.) Senate seat — and, of course, his looks.

While Brown has of course aged since his 1982 nude photo in Cosmopolitan magazine, many say he’s aged well. He spent the first few months wandering the Capitol with a permanent deer-in-headlights look on his face, but now that Brown is settling into his new role, the relaxed look of a man confident enough to shed his clothes in front of the camera has returned.

Part of his allure is that his beauty seems to be natural (much of his campaign, after all, was based on his normal-guy-with-a-pickup-truck low level of maintenance). But Brown also works at it. He has competed in several triathlons, and he also ran a strong race — in a sleeveless shirt — at the annual ACLI Capital Challenge.

It’s a safe bet that Brown will never live down his past as a male model. But for now, when he travels the Capitol, he stays buttoned up.

Brown declined to participate in an interview for this feature.

–Kris Kitto
Hometown: Hudson, N.Y.
Political party: Democratic
Relationship status: Married

If you tell Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand there’s something she can’t do, she’ll likely find a way to do it.

Since the day she came to the Senate to fill Hillary Clinton’s shoes, she has had her hands full quieting naysayers, beating back reelection opponents and courting former critics. And that’s just by day. By night she balances a family life that includes two small boys — 2-year-old Henry and 6-year-old Theodore — and fits in an exercise program that the New York Daily News wrote earlier this year has resulted in “a leaner, meaner campaign machine … [with] a slimmer silhouette.”

“I work a lot, but I make sure that my schedule allows me to be a good mom and a good senator,” Gillibrand said in a written interview. “It takes commitment to make sure the schedule allows me to be home in time to have dinner with the kids, do the baths and put them to bed.”

Even before her days in Congress’s upper chamber, Gillibrand found ways to do what she wanted to do amid challenging circumstances. When she was pregnant and still a member of the House, she worked out almost every day in the men’s House gym because the women’s gym was closed at the time.

“I got a lot of ribbing from my male colleagues,” she said.

After adjusting to motherhood, Gillibrand seems to be back into her exercise groove. (“Most of us are not Heidi Klum and Angelina Jolie, who look great the next day” after having a baby, she said. “For me, it took a good two years.”) She co-captained the female Congress members’ softball team, plays tennis and squash when she can, fits in jogs here and there and is hoping to run the New York Marathon again (she’s run it twice before).

But her top priority is her kids. They like to hike, explore the woods and play sports together.

“There is nothing I’d rather do than spend time outside with my children,” she said.

— Kris Kitto
More here:

50 Most Beautiful People Slideshow 2010 - TheHill.com