Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: According to the attached Quiz, what political philosophy best represents you?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left (Liberal)

0 0%
  • Libertarian

11 20.75%
  • Centrist

18 33.96%
  • Right (Conservative)

23 43.40%
  • Statist (Big Government)

1 1.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Baseline of Our Membership

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 90%

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

Libertarian
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Personal - 60%
    Economic - 30%

Centrist right on the Liberal line. I agree with Jenna...you can't lump someone in a group based on 10 questions. I tend not to put myself in a political group...on governmental issues, I'm pretty close to the middle (that is, I'm left on some stuff - like taxation and government spending; and right on other ones - 2A for one; so the average of a bunch of left and a bunch of right is in the middle ) and I'm almost as far left as you can possibly be on social issues (gay marriage, gays in the military, possibly legalizing marijuana, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 30%
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 50%
    According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

Centrist prefer a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice. Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind, tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...centrist
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    PERSONAL - 40%
    ECONOMIC - 90%

Conservative
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    O.k. 10 questions is not nearly enough to get an accurate assessment of one's political identity.

Personal score- 40%
    Economic score- 50%

So it says I'm a centrist.

To a certain extent, that's right. But that's an overly simplistic version of reality. It's not as much that I'm in the center, but that depending on the issue, I can be on anywhere on the map. I go liberal on some issues, and conservative on some issues. And some issues I do sit somewhere in the middle on. But I do not pick one philosophy and try to apply it to all issues. My stance on a particular issue mostly would depend on taking into account as much as I can and deciding on that issue alone. I do tend to go liberal in terms of equality issues. But I tend to go conservative in terms of law and order issues. I think my political blueprint, so to speak, is far too complex for a 10 question quiz with only 3 possible answers to each question to wrap itself around adequately.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I agree Fuzz. This quiz focuses on personal and economic issues. Two issues that I think will have a large effect on 2012. It's not perfect, but it is easy.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    So what do you guys think about that the quiz is put on by a libertarian website? Do any of you think that the quiz is somehow tilted to move you in that direction, or do you generally think it is not slanted?
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    So what do you guys think about that the quiz is put on by a libertarian website? Do any of you think that the quiz is somehow tilted to move you in that direction, or do you generally think it is not slanted?
    I actually think that when questioned about actual issues people have more Libertarian leanings then they might think. The shrill members of that political philosophy tend to get the media attention and screw it up for the real important issues that are addressed by that political ideology. This country was founded on many Libertarian ideologies. IMHO.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Centrist!
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

213th is online now Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    I think they are a little. The military question, for instance, indicates the writer thinks that having a draft means our military is not voluntary. Our military is voluntary. It is not a conscription service. In time of need, there is an action (draft) that can be taken to ensure appropriate troop levels.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That would be... conscription.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Tango Zulu 22 is offline Duncopperin!
    Verified LEO
    50 / 50 Centrist.....
    A common mistake made when trying to come up with a totally foolproof design is to completely underestimate the innate ingenuity of fools.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you but it's still there on my list of options, so are you coming quietly.........?

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    Given the presence of enough of a threat, a draft (conscription) is justifiable. Thus sayeth a conservative.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Blackbird is offline Banned
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 0%

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...Conservative

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Given the presence of enough of a threat, a draft (conscription) is justifiable. Thus sayeth a conservative.
    I agree, but that doesn't change the word

Our military is voluntary now, with the option for conscription.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

213th is online now Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    Right, but by default it is not. It takes a special act of the gov't to change that. So you could say it is neither conscription or voluntary.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    50/60 centrist... pretty much where I expected that I'd be.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Oddly enough, libertarian on the border of centrist.
    I was centrist, on the border of libertarian.

I've always considered myself more of a feudalist, though.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    After carefully considering my answers, I decided that every human on earth should be given a .357 Magnum and 50 rounds of ammo. Whoever is left when the smoke clears gets to rule the world.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information