Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Preacher revises doomsday to Oct. 21

Harold Camping is sticking to his apocalyptic guns. In his first radio broadcast since his doomsday prediction failed to pan out in a spectacularly public fashion, the California preacher insisted his was an error of interpretation, not fact.
    What's more, he has another calculation for the day the world will end - October 21, 2011.
    More here: Preacher now says end of the world will happen in 5 months – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    This could come in handy....I can tell my husband for the next 5 months that 'this could be our last meal at Buffalo Wild Wings so we'd better eat up!' That could also work with cheesecake, vacations, money for the wife, etc...
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtlady View Post
    This could come in handy....I can tell my husband for the next 5 months that 'this could be our last meal at Buffalo Wild Wings so we'd better eat up!' That could also work with cheesecake, vacations, money for the wife, etc...
    Could work for him also. Sex, BJs, etc
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Could work for him also. Sex, BJs, etc
    And he would hear "You wanna waste your time on that?!?!?!?!"
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    He never claimed Saturday was Doomsday; it was supposed to be the Rapture, where all the holiest people are taken into heaven. Doomsday was October 21 throughout. I guess Camp's not as holy as he thought!

Reminds me of a joke.

A man died, and having lived a good, just and holy life, found himself in Heaven. Not only was he in Heaven, but he had a dinner invitation with the Lord himself!

On the way to dinner, he had the opportunity to have a look around the place. He looked out, and across the abyss, he could see the streets of Hell. It was dinnertime, there, too. He saw an impressive buffet set up, with all sorts of offerings. He saw fantastic plates of food set up. His mouth began to water, contemplating what dinner with the Lord must be like if the folks in Hell ate like that!

He arrived, and sat down at the table with the Lord. They were alone; not just a dinner with the Lord, but a private dinner! Visions of plates that would make the finest food he'd ever had in his life look like amateurish fast food danced in his head. A small plate was brought out with something that might charitably be called a salad... a little lettuce, some carrots. Well... it was only a salad course, right? He nibbled at it, saving room for the real food to come.

The Lord looked over at him, and said "Eat up, please!" The man was puzzled, and finally pulled up the courage to ask, "Lord, on the way over, I saw those sinners in Hell sitting down to a feast. Why is our fare so plain?"

The Lord answered "Have you ever tried to cook for two people?!"
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What kind of a malignant narcissist do you have to be to make hugely public predictions, not once, but TWICE that were completely wrong, and step out and make another?
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    As ever, "follow the money".

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    As ever, "follow the money".
    This guy must be in association with the global warming crowd. If your theory isn't working out , change your theory and keep the cash flowing.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    This guy has probably made millions between his two failed rapture predictions, and he'll probably make even more money through donations from his followers, tv/radio/magazine interviews, etc..basically just general publicity.

When it's all said and done, this guy will have 3 incorrect rapture dates, and millions of dollars.

Now, between he and I, who's the idiot?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Hasn't he ever read The Boy Who Cried Wolf??
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Sarge405 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Yup, he's laughing all the way to the bank. Since he's still here I guess he was not one of the "chosen" taken in the RAPTURE so we are stuck with him. And since I have not seen any mass missing person bolo's come through I'm assuming no one else has been either. So I'll just continue living my life according to my ethics and morals and the oaths I swore. Thank you very much.
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information