Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Broward County PBA holds party to leave the Republican Party over anti-union changes led by Florida's Republican governor and legislature

Next month the Broward County Police Benevolent Association is holding a "Party to Leave the Party" -- an event coordinated with the Supervisor of Elections where police officers and the general public can switch their voter registrations from Republican to Democratic or Independent.

The reason for the switch? The association, which serves as the bargaining union for the county's law enforcement officers, is unhappy with the leadership of Governor Rick Scott and the results of the past legislative session, including changes to the Florida Retirement System that will require the workers to pay more of their own wages into retirement savings.

The PBA may be a union, but it's not traditionally a bunch of liberals. "You'd be surprised," says Broward PBA President Patrick Hanrihan. "I think most of our police officers and stuff are Republicans." Well, until the party-switching party, that is.
    More here: Police Officers, Fed Up with Rick Scott, Leave Republican Party En Masse - Broward/Palm Beach News - The Daily Pulp

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    The union I was forced to contribute to while a sworn officer (closed shop) was embarrassing to a lot of us for their open liberal bias, same people they supported were screwing us thru their ACLU support and other social engineering. . I was invited to a local FOP (recruiting) event earlier this year. I checked out where the FOP PAC money went, and chose to turn the invite down.

The free lunch is over. Bankruptcy is financial reality, welcome to the real world.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    I would dare say (without having the numbers) that a large majority of the police officers in unions are republican/conservative while the union group is democrat.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yep. Unions are finally having karma catch up with them.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    I would dare say (without having the numbers) that a large majority of the police officers in unions are republican/conservative while the union group is democrat.
    this is what ours looks like.

I'm probably the only (open) democrat of our Union.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbear111 View Post
    I was invited to a local FOP (recruiting) event earlier this year. I checked out where the FOP PAC money went, and chose to turn the invite down.
    Despite knowing the FOP's decision making when it comes to political parties, I joined them strictly for the Legal Defense Fund. I have a hunch that my department would hang me out to dry if I got into a shooting off-duty, which is a real possibility based on where in St. Paul I live
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Thread Information