Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Petition to let voters decide on overturning Ohio's anti-collective-bargaining law sets record by getting almost 1.3 million signatures

Opponents of Ohio’s new law restricting the collective-bargaining power of public employees Wednesday filed nearly 1.3 million signatures to put the law before the ultimate judge — the voter. The number of raw, unverified signatures filed with the secretary of state's office set a record for an Ohio ballot issue, is more than five times the number that must withstand scrutiny to qualify the referendum for the Nov. 8 ballot
    More here: Senate Bill 5 opponents collect record number of signatures - Toledo Blade

213th is offline Solipsist
    Wonder how much the unions paid to get that done
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post

I'm proud to be one of those 1.3 million signatures, and we're not a union agency. It affects much more than the unions.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I'm proud to be one of those 1.3 million signatures, and we're not a union agency. It affects much more than the unions.
    Exactly. Here in Wisconsin, State Patrol, Sheriff's Departments and county workers (like my husband) face job cuts, among other things.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtlady View Post
    Exactly. Here in Wisconsin, State Patrol, Sheriff's Departments and county workers (like my husband) face job cuts, among other things.
    Why are they being affected if they are non-union jobs? I'm non-union is is my wife and there hasn't been anything said about any changes at all. We are actually hiring in both of our companies.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Why are they being affected if they are non-union jobs? I'm non-union is is my wife and there hasn't been anything said about any changes at all. We are actually hiring in both of our companies.
    They are all union jobs.

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtlady View Post
    They are all union jobs.

I can't speak for Wisconsin, but in Ohio SB5 affects all public employees whether it's Union or not.

In my situation, if it doesn't get defeated at the polls and goes into effect, my take home pay will revert back to what it was about 6 years ago when I was dispatching and working part time on patrol. Granted, I was surviving 6 years ago on that, but I didn't have three kids and a mortage.

That's just one of the changes I'll see from it.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I can't speak for Wisconsin, but in Ohio SB5 affects all public employees whether it's Union or not.

In my situation, if it doesn't get defeated at the polls and goes into effect, my take home pay will revert back to what it was about 6 years ago when I was dispatching and working part time on patrol. Granted, I was surviving 6 years ago on that, but I didn't have three kids and a mortage.

That's just one of the changes I'll see from it.
    I pray then that it gets defeated.

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

And, wonder how many are actually from Ohio??

Thread Information