Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

TSA to Inspect Vehicles on TN Roads

TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways | Tennessee News Press | Tennessee News Directory | TN Headlines

Click link for full story.

quote:

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. They are randomly inspecting vehicles on highways in Tennessee.

I'm also getting raked over the coals here over this:
    TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways @ TigerDroppings.com

What are the thoughs of our membership here?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

213th is offline Solipsist
    That's interesting. If they want TSA to be more of a law enforcement type organization then the security type organization they currently are, then they need to start recruiting better candidates and start providing quality training
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    That's interesting. If they want TSA to be more of a law enforcement type organization then the security type organization they currently are, then they need to start recruiting better candidates and start providing quality training

No arguement from me on that point.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They can't even competently scan passengers at airports. They don't need to branch out anywhere except more screening lines to speed up getting to your gate.

Why don't we just station them outside our houses so they can scan us at the end of the driveway when we leave? I'll save them the trouble and let them pat me down when I get out of the shower and save us all the strip search later.

F.U.C.K. TSA.

I'm not done typing and the men in black suits are walking up to my front door. Next post from Gitmo.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    It's complicated. You've got some valid points, there. They've got an arguable role in inspecting trucks; in fact, they've got an established program. And vehicles, in general, are different from homes or persons with regard to the 4th Amendment.

But a part of me isn't thrilled with the idea, either. These are the morons who couldn't even work with a cop (ME!) who wanted to accompany his wife & infant son up TO but not THROUGH the actual screening point.

And there's the whole federal encroachment thing, too.

As to the other forum? Bunch of losers, in my opinion. Talking to them is about as sensible as trying to argue speed enforcement with the American Motorist Association.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    As to the other forum? Bunch of losers, in my opinion. Talking to them is about as sensible as trying to argue speed enforcement with the American Motorist Association.

Gives me something to do between calls.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    These are the same people who routinely fail security tests on individuals and luggage in controlled settings. What do they think they'll get by pulling random vehicles for inspection on public roads? Hope Tennessee drivers like anal.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    These are the same people who routinely fail security tests on individuals and luggage in controlled settings. What do they think they'll get by pulling random vehicles for inspection on public roads? Hope Tennessee drivers like anal.
    I actually see this as the feds want the locals to do more inspections. If/when they find seizures, the feds swoop in and take the credit. Local LE have been running the weigh stations I'm sure. I don't know about the bus stations.

takedown is offline Authorized Vendor
    Authorized Vendor
    tsa = thousands Standing Around

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    w
    t
    f

that is all... don't want the black helicopters looking for me
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by takedown View Post
    tsa = thousands Standing Around
    Thousands Parked on the Highway.

TPH now?

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Thousands Parked on the Highway.
    Nah, gotta look at the bright side. While the TSA is showboating and telling people who didn't get their badges out of a Cracker Jack boxes how to do their jobs just think how many fatigued drivers and 110,000lb loads can fly by when the DOT flips the switch on the sign to read Scale Closed as trucks back up on to the highway. This is public safety today.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The real question is, will you have to take off your shoes and can you have liquids with you while traveling the highways?

Thread Information