Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Iranian Threats

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Iranian Threats

Pentagon Officials Dismiss Iranian Warning Against U.S. Carrier in Gulf

"The deployment of U.S. military assets in the Persian Gulf region will continue as it has for decades," added Commander Bill Speaks in the Office of the Secretary of Defense.

The response followed Iranian Army Chief Ataollah Salehi's warning Tuesday that "the enemy's carrier" not be allowed to return through the Gulf passage.

"I advise, recommend and warn them (the Americans) over the return of this carrier to the Persian Gulf because we are not in the habit of warning more than once," the semi-official Fars news agency reportedly stated.
    Salehi did not get specific on action to be taken or a carrier to heed warning, but the USS John C Stennis passed through the Strait of Hormuz in the days prior to the Iranian war games en route to help with the war effort in Afghanistan. It is now in the Northern Arabian Sea somewhere between Oman and Pakistan.

Does anyone else think this is about to come to a military conflict in the not-too-far off future?

Thoughts?
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    should have a long time ago

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Those people running the Iranian government have progressively gotten ballsy. They are spoiling for a fight, and taking a great deal of stock in the U.S. being weary of overseas conflict. The problem is, (and I think has always been), that when we would have been justified dealing them a smack in the mouth before, we've never done it.

I believe that any offensive action taken against U.S. overseas interests or personnel by the Iranians should be treated accordingly as an act of war. The rhetoric is one thing... overt aggression is another. I'll be interested to see how this President reacts should this become more than threats. If a fight comes, our forces should not be fettered. Iran should be treated like the threat it is, and left completely devoid of any means to make war.

"It is good that war is so terrible, that we should not become too fond of it..." - General Robert E. Lee

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    If (and I repeat IF) Nobama has a pair, and allows the military to do what they are capable of, it would be about the equivalant of a knat threatening Chuck Norris.

Could all be over almost before it starts.

Just sayin'.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

JLK
    Verified LEO
    sadley this country has lack the balls to do just that we tip toe around and play mister nice guy. when it should be "mess with us and we will mess you up." pole lickers get involved and we just rattle our saber till something happens. the intent is clear so i dont understand why we dont throw the first punch.

Ben

brought my rifle."

President Ronald Reagan

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I don't feel that we should initiate conflict because that could turn away support that we might get from the global community. I do, however, feel that ANY actual aggression by Iran should be met with such swift and decisive force that, to use Cajunguy's analogy, it would be as if Chuck Norris retailiated against said gnat with a MOAB bomb.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Parking lot.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

JLK
    Verified LEO
    i dont feel it is initiating the conflict it is a preemtive strike. i dont feel that we must wait until we are actually attacked before we defend ourselves. they have shown the intent and have the means to cause harm. we need to sit down with some apple pie and talk about it.

Ben

brought my rifle."

President Ronald Reagan

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Those people running the Iranian government have progressively gotten ballsy. They are spoiling for a fight, and taking a great deal of stock in the U.S. being weary of overseas conflict. The problem is, (and I think has always been), that when we would have been justified dealing them a smack in the mouth before, we've never done it.

I believe that any offensive action taken against U.S. overseas interests or personnel by the Iranians should be treated accordingly as an act of war. The rhetoric is one thing... overt aggression is another. I'll be interested to see how this President reacts should this become more than threats. If a fight comes, our forces should not be fettered. Iran should be treated like the threat it is, and left completely devoid of any means to make war.

"It is good that war is so terrible, that we should not become too fond of it..." - General Robert E. Lee

Agreed.
    " War is hell." - General William Tecumseh Sherman.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    I am pretty sure we could sink their entire navy and wipe out their air force in about 1 hour. Not concerned...but yes, I think it will be a shooting battle...I mean slaughter soon.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    As long as we don't have to help. We haven't got any soldiers left and the navy is in a worse state, thanks to Tony Bliar and his toadies.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Parking lot.

It' already a parking lot. The attendants are acting out.

Mosad could probably cripple the country.
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    In my opinion virtually the entire culture is still in the 1400s. Yet they control most of the world's oil supply. On top of that, they are now dabbling in nukes.

We either need to take over that entire region as a country, or leave it the hell alone. There is no middle ground. Doing what we are doing now (as we have done in the past) will only build more hostility.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Don't be surprised if NOBAMA doesn't head out on one of his "Apology Tours" to Iran.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    In my opinion virtually the entire culture is still in the 1400s......Yet they On top of that, they are now dabbling in nukes.
    Yeah. And as soon as they figure out what a match is they may figure out how to light the fuse. Scary shit.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    As long as we don't have to help. We haven't got any soldiers left and the navy is in a worse state, thanks to Tony Bliar and his toadies.

We're headed in the same direction. Pretty soon it will be up to the French to maintain world peace.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Pretty soon it will be up to the French to maintain world peace.

Then God help us.

As the saying goes, ''History is written by the winners.'' Which is why French history books are so thin.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Thread Information