Welcome to the APBWeb.
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

The new morality - War crimes?

Beheading a human being on internet video = Meh...

Peeing on a corpse = "HOLY SHIT! HOW INHUMANE! OMG!

Change? I guess it is...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    It's a mad, mad world.....

The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just like cops our military are to be held to a higher standard regardless of any circumstance. Humph. Should have run over the pricks with the Hummer on the way out.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    How do you negotiate with people who cut the heads off humans?
    But a new, secret U.S. intelligence assessment raises doubts about the prospects for success of any negotiations with the Taliban.
    You can't so don't. Piss on em! Oh wait....
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Perhaps the mere fact that we haven't burned the corpses, dragged them through the streets while beating them with shoes, then hung them from a bridge...

Damn it people, the entire purpose of a military is to kill people and break their shit. We seem to have forgotten that simple, common sense point.

I could give a rat's ass what they do after they kill the enemy. Hell, killing them is what they are paid to do. Scalp them, cut their ears off and wear them for a necklace, pull their teeth and put them in a jar... or even... yes... urinate on them. Fact is... you killed them. You did your job. You won. The rest is recreation.

"But... but... that isn't nice!" Bah. F nice... and if you are "shocked and saddened..." or you "condemn these actions in the strongest terms..." or, if you just can't help but whine about it, F you too.

There, I said it.

/rant off

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

That from the nunnery
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Perhaps the mere fact that we haven't burned the corpses, dragged them through the streets while beating them with shoes, then hung them from a bridge...

Damn it people, the entire purpose of a military is to kill people and break their shit. We seem to have forgotten that simple, common sense point.

I could give a rat's ass what they do after they kill the enemy. Hell, killing them is what they are paid to do. Scalp them, cut their ears off and wear them for a necklace, pull their teeth and put them in a jar... or even... yes... urinate on them. Fact is... you killed them. You did your job. You won. The rest is recreation.

"But... but... that isn't nice!" Bah. F nice... and if you are "shocked and saddened..." or you "condemn these actions in the strongest terms..." or, if you just can't help but whine about it, F you too.

There, I said it.

/rant off
    WHOO!!!!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Just like cops our military are to be held to a higher standard regardless of any circumstance. Humph. Should have run over the pricks with the Hummer on the way out.
    This.

One of my co-worker's that has been to Iraq and Afghanistan had only one thing to say about this. How many people are they placing in harms way? Other military, embassies, tourists? I don't have a problem with what they did. Video tape everything and bring it back to flash around in this day and time is just plain stupid. Hell, pissing on them probably improved the air quality at the time, even a cleveland steamer would have been an improvement.
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

... the entire purpose of a military is to kill people and break their shit.
    I love this and am stealing it.

If it was a perfect world, no one would need a military force. Thing is, this ball of dirt and rock is far from perfect. Our military is our big stick. The US is in the unenviable position of being the Daddy Voice of the world. Other countries don't want us in their business until suddenly they do, and then they bitch and moan about why we weren't there sooner. We're damned if we do and damned double if we don't. Either way, fuck 'em. There are aspects of every culture that are worth preserving. There are aspects of some that need to be crushed as they are trying to spread like the most malignant of cancers. And just as a surgeon removes a tumor by using a blade and causing a bit of bloodshed, so must the spreading disease of certain aspects of some cultures be removed before they spread out of control and kill the rest of the world.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Ya know, war is Hell. Humans do things that no animals would do. I found this site about WWII. When I was a young lad in Germany, I heard about these things from WWII NCO and Germany. Judge for yourself.

HISTORY IN PICTURES: RARE, UNSEEN PICTURES: BE THERE: When Americans And British (And Other Allies) Went 'Bad' During WW2

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Those corpses they pissed on were men. Not unlike you or I. And believed just as much in their cause as we do ours. A younger version of me would have probably done the same thing. But not anymore.

I'm not going to whine or condemn these men for doing what they did. I'm the last person to judge. But I'm certainly not going to get wrapped up in this "Hoo-ya" bullshit, either.

I think those Marines hurt themselves more than they did anyone else. Just my opinion.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Those corpses they pissed on were men. Not unlike you or I.
    Speak for yourself. I do not consider myself to be like them, not in any way other than perhaps the color of blood.

I don't condone, support, nor carry out the kidnapping, torture, and mass slaughter of non-combatants for the purposes of shock and publicity. These animals do.

I am not so misgiven in my faith practices to believe that death must befall those who do not believe as I do, and by my own hand. These animals do.

I do not consider a woman to be as inferior property, nor a child as yet another potential instrument of destruction, nor the orders of a so-called "holy man" as my absolute moral guide and compass, so as to do his bidding without any personal consideration or conscience whatsoever. These animals do.

I cannot force myself to believe that a little girl of 12, after having been raped by an uncle of 40, is anything but a victim; and not a harlot who should be put to death. These animals do.

I do not, and cannot support any cause which promotes public beheading, public castration, and public dismemberment; not for the purposes of punishment for crimes, but for as slight a cause as disavowing a religion. These animals do.

No sir. They are not like me. If they are like you, then perhaps you should just join them and lay down by their sides. I'm sure they have openings.

And believed just as much in their cause as we do ours.
    Again, you are mistaken. They believe in their cause much more than we do ours. They have nothing but "their cause", which is yet one more reason we are not even similar. They act without conscience, without provocation, and without consideration. They are the very epitome of mindless robots, devoid of soul and decency.

A younger version of me would have probably done the same thing. But not anymore.
    I am not so foolish to assume my response at any age after seeing what these Marines have seen and feeling what they have felt over the course of this tenuous and brutal struggle, in an environment where friendlies are few and enemies hide under any given pile of sand. No, sir. I will not sit in my recliner and coach them, condemn them, judge them, nor question them... and, I'll venture to say, neither should anyone else who hasn't been where they've been.

I'm not going to whine or condemn these men for doing what they did. I'm the last person to judge. But I'm certainly not going to get wrapped up in this "Hoo-ya" bullshit, either.
    One man's bullshit is another man's freedom...

I think those Marines hurt themselves more than they did anyone else. Just my opinion.
    ... and someone died to give you the right to your opinion. Someone like these Marines.

Personally, I think the dead guys probably got hurt the worst in the deal, (even before they got peed on), but by the time the warm and fuzzy do-gooder code pink politically correct nuts have their day, you never know.

That from the nunnery
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

abom334 is offline Every Meth Head's nightmare
    Verified LEO

Thumbs up

Speak for yourself. I do not consider myself to be like them, not in any way other than perhaps the color of blood.

I don't condone, support, nor carry out the kidnapping, torture, and mass slaughter of non-combatants for the purposes of shock and publicity. These animals do.

I am not so misgiven in my faith practices to believe that death must befall those who do not believe as I do, and by my own hand. These animals do.

I do not consider a woman to be as inferior property, nor a child as yet another potential instrument of destruction, nor the orders of a so-called "holy man" as my absolute moral guide and compass, so as to do his bidding without any personal consideration or conscience whatsoever. These animals do.

I cannot force myself to believe that a little girl of 12, after having been raped by an uncle of 40, is anything but a victim; and not a harlot who should be put to death. These animals do.

I do not, and cannot support any cause which promotes public beheading, public castration, and public dismemberment; not for the purposes of punishment for crimes, but for as slight a cause as disavowing a religion. These animals do.

No sir. They are not like me. If they are like you, then perhaps you should just join them and lay down by their sides. I'm sure they have openings.

Again, you are mistaken. They believe in their cause much more than we do ours. They have nothing but "their cause", which is yet one more reason we are not even similar. They act without conscience, without provocation, and without consideration. They are the very epitome of mindless robots, devoid of soul and decency.

I am not so foolish to assume my response at any age after seeing what these Marines have seen and feeling what they have felt over the course of this tenuous and brutal struggle, in an environment where friendlies are few and enemies hide under any given pile of sand. No, sir. I will not sit in my recliner and coach them, condemn them, judge them, nor question them... and, I'll venture to say, neither should anyone else who hasn't been where they've been.

One man's bullshit is another man's freedom...

... and someone died to give you the right to your opinion. Someone like these Marines.

Personally, I think the dead guys probably got hurt the worst in the deal, (even before they got peed on), but by the time the warm and fuzzy do-gooder code pink politically correct nuts have their day, you never know.

I agree 110% Couldn't have said it better. reps to you
    "Fear not the night. Fear that which walks the night. And *I* am that which walks the night. But only evil need fear me …and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…because I walk the night".- Dave Grossman

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Those corpses they pissed on were men. Not unlike you or I. And believed just as much in their cause as we do ours. A younger version of me would have probably done the same thing. But not anymore.

Maybe having some of these men kill some of your buddies and try to kill you on a daily basis mght color your opinion differently. On a side note those corpes were left in a lot better shape than most of the over 3,000 victim's corpses of Sept. 11th.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I do agree with this. Not that I give a shit about what they did because I don't. However, recording it and and someone ultimately having it released to the public is what will hurt them. They will be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. Most of the jurors will be of people who have no idea and never will of what it is like in war.

Thread Information