Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

No way. Not in a political arena.

Already, there has been some question into folks who cast their ballots on Saturday.

South Carolina's Attorney General, Alan Wilson has notified the U.S. Justice Department of potential voter fraud.

Wilson says an analysis found 953 ballots cast by voters were people who are listed as dead.
    South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during pri - WTOC, Savannah, Georgia, news, weather and sports |
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    In any election it's hard to get more than 30% of registered live voters to turn up. I say those who rise from their graves to cast their ballot should have their vote counted, even if it is a bit irregular.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If I actually see Mr. John "the dead guy" Smith come strolling into the polls in his burial suit, brushing dirt off his clothes, he can't vote however he pleases and twice. Until then hunt down and aggressively prosecute every single participant of voter fraud. Of course it will never happen.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Rep. Patsy Mink (D-Hawaii) was several weeks dead when she won the general election for her seat in Congress in November 2002. Makes one wonder about certain documents recently claimed as "true" from the same state.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I don't know about letting them vote twice. This wasn't Illinois after all!

Say, while we're on the subject, how do they verify the identities of voters where you all vote? I'm curious to find out how it differs around the country. Here it's been the same all my life - walk in, greet the senior citizen volunteers staffing the polling place, do a quick count to make sure they're all still with us since last election. Greet everyone, give them my name, offer to show ID, get the expected polite reply it's not necessary. One volunteer finds my name in the big flip ledger, runs a line through it, next person down the table gives me the ballot, #2 pencil review (scantron system) and that's it. I did have to show my driver's license one time, but I'm not entirely sure that wasn't because they weren't sure if they heard my name correctly and didn't want to ask again.

About the only security in the system is if you picked out names from the obituaries to try to sneak in extra votes you'd be picking from the age group of the volunteers and they might just know the fella.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    If I actually see Mr. John "the dead guy" Smith come strolling into the polls in his burial suit, brushing dirt off his clothes, he can't vote however he pleases and twice.
    Any dead guy who does that must feel very strongly about his political views....

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Say, while we're on the subject, how do they verify the identities of voters where you all vote? I'm curious to find out how it differs around the country.
    We vote about a block from where we live. Like you, the same people sit the polls. However, we are asked for our photo ID each and every time we vote. If you are not asked for a photo ID I can see how you can vote by what ever name you choose. If it is a large enough polling place I can see how a person can vote 2 or 3 times. Maybe it's just me but proving who you are with a State supplied ID seems like a good idea but not fool proof. Then again I'm sure there are those that would disagree.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Wisconsin is going to start requiring photo ID to vote. I support this.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    As to dead people voting in SC... "They mailed their absentee ballot in before they died." (And I've got a bridge for sale, with a special on sunny ocean front property in North Dakota...)

Dead people voting generally? If they manage to walk into the polls, I think I'll have bigger things to worry about than whether or not they're registered voters in that precinct!

As to identification at the polls... Used to be you went in, gave 'em your name, and confirmed your address and that was it. Now they ask for a photo ID, but I believe there's a process for refusing to give one.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information