Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

President Obama proposes incentives for companies that create jobs in the US in State of the Union speech

We should start with our tax code. Right now, companies get tax breaks for moving jobs and profits overseas. Meanwhile, companies that choose to stay in America get hit with one of the highest tax rates in the world. It makes no sense, and everyone knows it.
    So let's change it. First, if you're a business that wants to outsource jobs, you shouldn't get a tax deduction for doing it.
    (APPLAUSE)
    That money should be used to cover moving expenses for companies like Master Lock that decide to bring jobs home.
    (APPLAUSE)
    Second, no American company should be able to avoid paying its fair share of taxes by moving jobs and profits overseas.
    (APPLAUSE)
    From now on, every multinational company should have to pay a basic minimum tax. And every penny should go towards lowering taxes for companies that choose to stay here and hire here in America.
    (APPLAUSE)
    Third, if you're an American manufacturer, you should get a bigger tax cut. If you're a high-tech manufacturer, we should double the tax deduction you get for making your products here. And if you want to relocate in a community that was hit hard when a factory left town, you should get help financing a new plant, equipment, or training for new workers.
    So my message...
    (APPLAUSE)
    My message is simple. It is time to stop rewarding businesses that ship jobs overseas and start rewarding companies that create jobs right here in America. Send me these tax reforms, and I will sign them right away.

More here: Transcript: President Obama delivers State of the Union speech - CNN.com

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Though I suspect it's not a favored source for many here, give this New York Times article a breeze through. There are a lot of reasons those jobs aren't coming back easily, and not at all without a lot of honesty about who we are, who we want to be, what changes need to be made and just what others are willing to do to keep those jobs we pissed away.

Or we can make pretend and applaud. That's easier, let's go with that.

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    .Obamas speech" yadda yadda, sameO sameO. Thank goodness I hade some older shows saved on my DVR.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It was pretty sad when even the ultra liberal rag of a newspaper here fact checked obama.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    .Obamas speech" yadda yadda, sameO sameO. Thank goodness I hade some older shows saved on my DVR.
    More right than you know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDRi...ature=youtu.be

Fact check of Obama's SOTU:
    http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-...-union-speech/

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information