Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Lawmakers propose satirical bills

Alaska Rep. Kyle Johansen, R-Alaska, proposed the federal government take over New York’s Central Park and make it a development-free wilderness area as a way to blast back at those he says are in the way of drilling the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Wyoming legislators followed up with a bill in support of Alaska's measure.

In Mississippi, Democratic lawmaker Stephen Holland introduced a bill to change the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America. It's a swipe at Republicans who he says want to push everything having to do with Mexico out of the state.

To get more - ahem - personal, Democratic Oklahoma Sen. Constance Johnson wrote a provision for an anti-abortion bill that said men can ejaculate only into women’s vaginas, lest lives be wasted. Virginia Democrat Janet Howell amended an anti-abortion bill to require rectal exams for men before they could get erectile dysfunction medications.

This week Rep. Yasmin Neal, D-Georgia, tired of an anti-abortion debate she says ignored women’s points of view, introduced a bill that would block men from having vasectomies unless the procedure would prevent death or serious injury.

More here: The latest legislative tool: Satire – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Further proof that too many of those "in power" have made a mockery of our system. Absolutely disgusting!

The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Got some real grown-ups there. Where is the dignity that was once exhibited in public office, even if it was an illusion at times?
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    At least when they are doing stupid stuff like this they aren't screwing up real stuff
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO

a few steps further

We need a treaty with Mexico that cedes all of Baja (Norte and Sur) California to the US as "reparations" for the drug war. From Tijuana south to La Paz and Pacific east to Colorado River or Gulf of California. Another state closer to Obamas's 57 states.

Open a new federal prison at Adak or Shemya Alaska. Open to convicted politicians, and street gang members.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    It's Open Mic Night in the Virginia's oldest comedy club? The music was a nice touch.

Thread Information