Welcome to the APBWeb.
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

I never thought I'd see the day...

Here it is; the opportunity to relate things that you never imagined would be, but somehow are.

I'll kick it off for us.

I never thought I'd see the day:

a) when people would know more about others thousands of miles away over a computer, than they do about their neighbors just a few feet away.

b) when I'd pay $13.08 for three packs of smokes, and think of it as a bargain.

c) when an American president openly admits to a felony crime, and is not only forgiven, but lauded, elected, and then thought of as a hero.

d) when military forces were more charged with being "peacekeepers", than being war-makers.

e) when freedom OF religion was somehow construed as to mean freedom FROM religion.

f) when cops were called "un-American" and illegal aliens "patriots" by an elected official in a open speech, unapologetically, and without censure; yet a private citizen can call a woman a whore and even the President chimes in.

g) when parents would stand for their children being taught about being gay, while being denied the right to pray.

h) when there could even be a debate about taxpayers contributing financially to murder of the unborn all for the sake of the convenience of the mother.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    d) when military forces were more charged with being "peacekeepers", than being war-makers.
    You mean police right?

e) when freedom OF religion was somehow construed as freedom FROM religion.
    For my entire childhood I was allowed prayer in school and Under God was in the Pledge of Allegiance which was said EVERY morning. I guess at the time it would have been a "I never thought I'd see the day". Now? I'm not surprised at what is going on and it will only get worse.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Napalm is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I thought I'd never see the day when the US Constitution would no longer be taught in public schools.

You've pretty much covered everything else I would've said.
    Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.

Thread Information