Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Guns and Ammo

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Guns and Ammo

This thread Scalia: Guns May be Regulated got me thinking. What are your opinions on how soon and how severe a guns and ammo shortage will occur? Do you think it prudent for law-abiding shooting enthusiast to stock up?

I think that people will fear serious restrictions and that a run will begin soon if it has not already on some guns and ammo. I also think that buying some ammo and mags would not be a bad idea. I don't really need another gun, unless I am buying as an investment.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Probably a good idea although the shortage isn't likely to be caused by talk. The government is now buying the TOTAL output of the Lake City Arsenal and others to restock their magazines due to feeling that more reserves may be called up for additional training and deployment. Not sure where they would go but thats what I recently read on one of the military blogs.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    no such thing as too much ammo or guns. Ask my wife
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Yup, thinking seriously 'bout getting another case - - or two - - of M855 for my M4.

The three cases I have in my closet just may not be enough. ESPECIALLY if Barry get's re-elected.

<Edit to add>
    Just had a few minutes to check my regular supplier's web site, and see that a lot of the more popular .556 stuff (62gr/69gr/75gr TAP) is all out of stock, as well as some of the standard 55gr FMJ.

Prices so far still look fairly reasonable, but I'm sure as the supply gets tighter, the prices will probably rise again. (Of course if it ain't available, the price don't matter much.)

Looks like the run has started again, just like it did right after Nobama took office.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Thread Information