Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Police prepare for protests at Democratic National Convention in Charlotte

Police say they don't know how many protesters will come, but massive rallies are already in the works. Two days before the convention, a coalition of 70 groups is planning to hold peaceful protests on economic inequality and other issues under the name Wall Street South. The national Occupy movement has also issued a loose call for protesters, as have anarchist groups.

One key tactic was clustering uniformed officers at potential targets for vandalism to prevent property damage and using bicycles to make them more mobile. McCarthy also stressed using "the soft look" —officers dressed in their normal uniforms but ready to quickly change into "turtle suits," tactical helmets and body armor, if necessary.
    Charlotte Police Say They're Ready for Protests - ABC News

Napalm is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    WTF are they going to protest? The Democrap party is the instigator for the majority of their ridiculous protests anyway. Democrat supporters protesting Democrats?
    Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They have made the class warfare bed, time for them to lie in it.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    I'll be in the Tampa/St Pete area right before the RNC. It will be interesting to see if any craziness will ensue during that time. Any large political gathering will bring out people wanting to protest something. Just comes with the territory, I guess.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Anyone else find irony in the pre-planning of protest regulations at a democratic convention?

No, I don't expect so, just brand naming. Same for the other trademark party.

Thread Information