Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

I kinda had a feeling...

How the Fiscal Cliff Would Raise Your Taxes

With rising Democratic opposition to cuts in social spending and Republican leaders reiterating their opposition to raising taxes on the wealthy, talks on avoiding the fiscal cliff were at a standstillThursday.
    Officials on both sides of the debate say the political jockeying is likely to continue this week. But they warn that the details of a compromise must emerge next week if an agreement is to be reached in time.
    Erskine Bowles, the co-chair of the bipartisan Simpson-Bowles deficit reduction task force, said on Wednesday that he was skeptical that a deal would be reached. Bowles put the chances of an agreement before the end of the year at roughly one in three.
    "I believe the problem is that we are going over the fiscal cliff," Bowles told The New York Times, "and I think that will be horrible."
    Bowles is right. While potential tax increases on the rich have dominated the political debate, a raft of taxes on the middle class will increase if an agreement is not reached. The scope will vary, depending on a person's income. White House officials estimate that the average American family will pay $2,200 more in taxes next year if an agreement is not reached. But, if an agreement is not reached at all, even after the January 1 deadline, the increase could be higher, particularly for households that make over $100,000 a year. Here's why:

How the Fiscal Cliff Would Raise Your Taxes - Yahoo! Finance

I understand the idea some have of the "rich" should have to pay "their fair share" although "fair share" doesn't seem to have been mentioned. So if the White House isn't "allowed" to tax the rich however they damn well please they'll just say screw it and tax the middle class as they said they wouldn't and blame others. Hell in a hand basket folks. All "Hope" is lost and has been for some time. Threats and intimidation is all that is left and America will bare the suffering. Prepare to ante up that much more folks.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    ... All "Hope" is lost and has been for some time. Threats and intimidation is all that is left and America will bare the suffering.
    That day was nearer when the War of Northern Aggression was surrendered.

IMO.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    No matter what Congress and the President agree on, we will all lose.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Can we get another term like Washington's? Set Adams scurrying around Europe as Sec Treas, Jefferson as Sec Interior and Hamilton as Sec Def in peacetime. Hold that a moment, let me revel in how that would have been if true.

That's my dream team.

It's not that they were prophets. They were men, men who pledged much the same as you do daily; their sacred oath and their life.

There are so many more today who risk as much and suffer for so much less.

Finally, there are politicians.

Thread Information