Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Odd

Thread: Obama in Newtown: ‘We can’t tolerate this anymore’

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Obama in Newtown: ‘We can’t tolerate this anymore’

President Barack Obama assured the grieving, shell-shocked Newtown community on Sunday that "you are not alone" and vowed sternly to wield "whatever power this office holds" in a quest to prevent future mass shootings.
    "We can't tolerate this anymore," Obama said from behind a podium on the stage of a Newton High School auditorium, as adults wept, or hugged, or sat quietly, many hugging small children. "These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change."
    "In the coming weeks, I'll use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens -- from law enforcement, to mental health professionals, to parents, and educators -- in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this, because what choice do we have?"he said.
    The speech, broadcast nationwide, offered the bold suggestion that Obama might engage lawmakers on the subject of gun control -- a topic that has not been among his top priorities during his presidency.
    "We can't accept events like this as routine. Are we really prepared to say that we're powerless in the face of such carnage?" Obama said. That the politics are too hard? Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year, after year, after year is somehow the price of our freedom?"
    There were sobs from the crowd as the president read the first names of the 20 children slaughtered at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday and paid tribute to the six adults who died defending them. Twenty-six candles in twenty-six shining glass vases shone from the base of the podium.
    Obama anticipated — and dismissed — some of the time-honored arguments against stricter restrictions on guns.

Obama in Newtown:
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    There are several varieties of microphones. Some capture all the sound available, these are called omni-directional. National Geographic uses these.

Commonly used are cardioid. These are used in noisy environments. Hypercardioid are normally used in ultra noisy environments such as political rallies. They're highly directional and only capture sounds coming right to them.

Kinda strange how the baby sounds came in reflected loud and clear off a curtained backdrop. I call BS. Point? Someone was working the board for extra tears. Not everything is big, but mixing audio for emotional impact is...with or without purpose?

In the spirit, I can't let it go unnoticed.
    lewisipso and Captain America like this.

Thread Information