Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Biden says Obama could use executive orders to restrict guns

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden said on Wednesday the White House is determined to act quickly to curb gun violence and will explore all avenues - including executive orders that would not require approval by Congress - to try to prevent incidents like last month's massacre at a Connecticut school.
    Kicking off a series of meetings on gun violence, Biden said the administration would work with gun-control advocates and gun-rights supporters to build a consensus on restrictions. But he made clear that President Barack Obama is prepared to act on his own if necessary.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-determined-act-against-gun-violence-biden-164128551.html

Why even have a 2nd Amendment if a President can just executive order around it? This is out of hand.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Not surprising. It has nothing to do with preventing violence. It is only an attempt to create more control over us.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    SHALL NOT INFRINGE

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Why bother with a legislature and courts when the king can rule by fiat?
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    THE WHITE HOUSE
    Office of the Press Secretary
    EMBARGOED UNTIL THE START OF THE PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
    January 16, 2013
    Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions
    Today, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:

1.Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2.Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3.Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4.Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5.Propose rule making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6.Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7.Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8.Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9.Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10.Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11.Nominate an ATF director.

12.Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13.Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14.Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15.Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16.Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17.Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18.Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/120650573/...cutive-Actions
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information