The New Streamlight ProTac HL-X Makes an Excellent Companion for Law Enforcement Officers
OfficerStore, a division of Witmer Public Safety Group (WPSG), the nation’s leading multi-channel distributor of public-safety equipment, supplies, training, and service, is excited to now offer the new ProTac HL-X: a dual-fuel, high-lumen tactical light.
Released at January’s SHOT Show, and available from OfficerStore since early April, Streamlight’s desire to consistently produce ground-breaking technology has led to the creation of the ProTac HL-X, which offers a number of appealing features, including up to 1,000 lumens of output coupled with the flexibility of multiple power sources. Representing the evolution from Streamlight’s ProTac HL, the new “X” suffix in its name is how Streamlight signifies that it is capable of using dual-fuel sources, which greatly alleviate down time.
Its durability, versatility, and ease-of-use all combine into one technologically advanced package, thereby making the ProTac HL-X tremendously valuable for any law enforcement professional to use when on duty. Constructed of durable aircraft aluminum, its extremely bright C4® LED can easily illuminate objects up to 330 meters away and is useful for a wide variety of law enforcement-based applications, including conducting traffic stops, performing building searches, or any other task that requires illumination.
An ideal light to have handy while in the field or on-scene, its durability is forged by sturdy aircraft aluminum, which makes it impact-resistant up to two meters, so you can be assured that it’s up to any challenge you throw its way. Additionally, it is IPX7-waterproof down to one meter for 30 minutes, and its anti-roll head won’t allow it to move, should you need to place it down somewhere.
“Streamlight continues to develop new and exciting products, and the new ProTac HL-X is no exception,” said OfficerStore Law Enforcement Specialist Mac Brostrom. “The high-quality, ultra-powerful light offers so many incentives to law enforcement professionals; its affordability and extreme versatility being among the most valuable.”
Easily carried and deployed thanks to its pocket clip and holster, the ProTac HL-X is fueled in several ways: two CR123A lithium batteries (included) or one rechargeable 18650 Li-ion battery. Some additional specs include the following:
• multi-function, push-button tactical tail cap switch allows for easy, one-handed operation of momentary or constant-on mode
• its unique TEN-TAP® programmable switch allows you to select from several different lighting programs, including high/strobe/low (the factory-default setting), high only, or low/medium/high
• length: 5.43 inches (13.8 centimeters)
• head diameter: 1.44 inches (3.7 centimeters)
• body diameter: 1.0 inch (2.54 centimeters)
• weight: 5.7 ounces (162 grams) with two CR123A batteries, 6.2 ounces (176 grams) with one 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery
• the light has an AR-coated, gasket-sealed glass lens
• outputs: high (maximum): 1,000 lumens, 27,100 candelas, 330-meter beam
• low (use for extended time): 65 lumens, 1,600 candelas, 80-meter beam
• strobe (use for signaling or disorienting): 2.5-hour runtime on CR123A batteries, runs 3.25 hours on an 18650 battery
Don’t miss out on all the excellent benefits the ProTac HL-X has to offer. Visit OfficerStore.com for more information and to get yours.