There’s usually about 10-20 “mass exodus at police department as cops retire early due to low morale and pension woes,” stories per day and today’s is about the NYPD. Here’s the standard top 10 list that fits the bill until the Supreme Court finally kills public sector unions dead in matter of weeks.
1. Moral has never been this low.
2. The mayor don’t back us.
3. The pay is crap.
4. They pay better at neighboring agencies
5. War on cops
6. Brain drain
7. Most experienced officers leaving the agency
8. Not enough young people applying for positions
9. Attrition and retirement will cause spikes in crime rates
10. Retirements are up (down actually this year but whatever.)